AGm Discussion : Committe member roles

Annual General Meeting
karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 am

k8ylou wrote:Lisa (I keep calling you Karla, i'm so sorry :oops: ) - from your talking about crossovers - are you suggesting some roles are amalgamated? like, how about Chairperson/secretary? I'd like to know how much time Secretary of TNN INc. takes up. I'd have said , not much time in the past years, as there haven't even been any members, but I could be wrong.

Yay lets get this closer to being resolved!!! (this is the longest AGM I've ever been to!!)

Ok: yes I do think there is potential for and amalgamation and maybe a wee re-distribution of work.

So an "admin" who is combined treasurer/secretary, and a president/chairman (admind does accounts, meeting minutes etc), president does all the chasing up on action points, overseeing aims/objectives are being met, teambuilding, chairing meetings.

OR
Secretary does all the papery kind of work :lol: with minutes, correspondence etc follows up on action points etc... and the board elects an existing member or takes turns chairing (hosting) the meetings.

As for me, I don't think I can do both roles justice in terms of making TNN proactive. CL what do you think?

My other thought is the RNW co-ordinator could be a shorter 4 or 6 month long position each year that we could deal with later? as long as the Community Liason / Board in General had offically made a decision on which week we celebrate and maintained contact with the appropriate overseas body to get the dates and details quickly.

In fact I would actually like to suggest that in future we stagger the change over of positions so we don't have a whole new board at once... Just something to think about.

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm happy to do site admin and continue with my moderator role.

Carolyn

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:57 pm

posh wrote:I am happy to do whichever role is necessary to ensure the continuity of TNN Inc. I am not one for self-promotion, so I don't want to push myself for any particular role, which is why I am leaving it to the community to vote or not vote for me IYKWIM?

Very modest of you Anastasia, but I think in this environment, it's pretty hard for people to know a) what you are good at and where you'd best be used, and b) whether you'd actually want to do the job. So this is where selfnomination becomes ideal. If you know you can do it, and want to, then put your hand up!!

STacey - so you currently do Website design and forum admin. Is this job too big? is it easily split up, or quite interlinked. Do we need two people doing both jobs? It'd be really awesome if you would continue your role, with a handover period to the newly elected people.

CL - Thank you for your interest, and for letting us know your wishes.

CC - not sure the 2nding for me is required yet. :D but thanks. MOre to discuss perhaps.

Aidanasher - What do you think of what Lisa proposed for the role? sounds pretty thorough to me. we're all working pretty much blind as it is.

I think proper job descriptions of duties and responsibilities will be a priority over the year.

Lisa - agree about RNW coordinator. More like 4months. It'd get easier each year, possibly, as long as all the info. and ideas are collated and we're not reinventing the wheel each time. They'd be a 'go to point' for each region?? I think you seem very proactive, full of great ideas and just generally very knowledgeable about this whole process, as well as boosting people up to help out... Are you sure you don't think Chairperson could work for you? Or are you quite set on Community Liason (with a dash of RNW coord in there too :wink: ). I acutally think Community Liason, if done really well, could be a bigger job than Chairperson, as you've listed so many avenues to follow.

re. the staggering of roles, well, people may always resign during the year, so they'd need replacing at that point anyway? maybe when we get used to the AGM, we'll have been looking for and talking about replacemnets long before it happens?

Katriana - moderator isn't a committee role, so that's why I removed that part from the list. I'll put your name up for site Admin, which Navarri has also put her name against. Do you guys want to discuss it, to see which way you may take it?

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm happy for Carolyn to do it ;)

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm

thanks, and so you'd like to do WEbsite? or Treasurer?

gabes
TNN nerd

Post by gabes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 pm

K8ylou wrote:Maybe we could have some more suggestions for people and the exact place they'd like to be in? Claire? Dunners? Ditto? Fnk? Gabes? ? Gidsmum? Minty? (excuse me if I missed you off, just names off the list)

karmiec wrote:Audrey I don't think we have a job-description yet. What would you make of a title like that?

I imagine:

Keep a list of all the hirekits and their contents.

Ok going to put my 2c in here since my name (thanks k8ylou haha) was mentioned on previous page.

If Audrey's being put forward for looking after demo kits can we please be careful NOT to call them hirekits. The demo kits are spread around the country and are available for anyone to look through/they can get taken to nappiccinos/events etc. They are like samples so mr&mrs public can have a look at differernt nappies/brands and see what they look like/talk to someone who knows etc

This is entirely different from the TNN HIREKITS which I run for the SOuth Island, Christine has some in Wellington and I believe there are also kits on the Nth Shore (were funded by the NS council??) which Nina did have but I'm not sure who she passed them on to.

The HIRE kits have been self managed by the people above who keep their own contents lists/manage bookings/finances etc. I raised a point that at present I have TNN hirekits but nothing official to say that these nappies dont actually belong to me and there has been no feedback/annual reporting etc back into TNN as far as I am aware (well Ive had them almost a year with no requests for anything like that). I'm happy to do so if required however :D

At the moment CG is the HIRE kit co-ordinator but as far as I was aware that related to updating the hirekit info on the main TNN page (so therefore not directly relating to just the TNN kits) so people looking for kits could be put in touch with people in their area etc

I am happy to keep running the TNN South Island HIRE kits and therefore don't want to be put forward for anything else/job roles

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 pm

gabes wrote:
karmiec wrote:Audrey I don't think we have a job-description yet. What would you make of a title like that?

I imagine:

Keep a list of all the hirekits and their contents.

Ok going to put my 2c in here since my name (thanks k8ylou haha) was mentioned on previous page.

If Audrey's being put forward for looking after demo kits can we please be careful NOT to call them hirekits. The demo kits are spread around the country and are available for anyone to look through/they can get taken to nappiccinos/events etc. They are like samples so mr&mrs public can have a look at differernt nappies/brands and see what they look like/talk to someone who knows etc

Sorry for the typo (teach me for typing past my bedtime :lol: ) We do need to clarify what is happening with both but yes two very different kettle of fish.

Demo kits for demonstrations and demonstrators

Hirekits for Hire and Loan.

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:13 pm

k8ylou wrote:thanks, and so you'd like to do WEbsite? or Treasurer?

I think posh would do the treasurer job better, being an accountant :)
I think Carolyn wanted to do admin, I'm happy to do moderation if needed :)

heart
TNN nutter

Post by heart » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I am happy to be designer if navarri wants to take the website role, I don't mind either way or even if I don't do anything thats fine just putting my hand up to chip in.
Natural mum to one darling 4 yr old boy and a 2 yr old daughter.

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Stacey wrote:I really want to step down - but I would need to 'train' a replacement so I will put my hand up again for nomination. But it would be WONDERFUL to have someone lined up now, to take over at the next AGM. Even if someone was elected now and I could just help them learn the ropes.

:(

No offense to the next Forum Admin person, but oh by gum we've been very lucky having you Stacey. You have a gift with the way you word things, and in your sharp eye in detecting sifty behaviours, you've been so much more than membership/log in/password etc. VERY big shoes to fill (though I totally understand your readiness to move on).

Personally, like others I will help fill a position that needs filling, though it looks like all of the main roles are filled. Just going to head back to have a looksie.

gabes
TNN nerd

Post by gabes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:49 pm

karmiec wrote: We do need to clarify what is happening with both but yes two very different kettle of fish.

Demo kits for demonstrations and demonstrators

Hirekits for Hire and Loan.

Re clarifying what is happening with the Hirekits.

I propose that at each AGM it is just stated somewhere who has TNN hirekits (there has been informal handing on in the past, would be good to record it each year who actually has them). Someone might like to second this proposal?

If required the people managing hte hirekits could give an annual report to the AGM also (not thinking anything long..eg. # hires/activity and perhaps a summary of the $$ side of things - theres no accountability at the moment). THoughts?

Personally I don't think the TNN hirekits need an overall manager or co-ordinator as each person holding the kits in each region just self manages it themselves. From my point of view this has been working fine at a day to day level . I am happy to be more accountable to TNN ( as per comment above) if that is desired however. Or totally happy to just continue as status quo (ie I do whatever I like and never have to show anyone what I did with all the $$) :lol:

If TNN needs a hirekit co-ordinator then I would see that role being more like I posted previously - keeping TNN homepage up to date with ALL hirekit information, keeping an eye on the sticky thread about hire kits in General, responding to any general enquiries about hirekits and putting them in touch with people in their area etc. This is what CG has been doing.

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Dunners wrote:
Stacey wrote:I really want to step down - but I would need to 'train' a replacement so I will put my hand up again for nomination. But it would be WONDERFUL to have someone lined up now, to take over at the next AGM. Even if someone was elected now and I could just help them learn the ropes.

:(

No offense to the next Forum Admin person, but oh by gum we've been very lucky having you Stacey. You have a gift with the way you word things, and in your sharp eye in detecting sifty behaviours, you've been so much more than membership/log in/password etc. VERY big shoes to fill (though I totally understand your readiness to move on).

Personally, like others I will help fill a position that needs filling, though it looks like all of the main roles are filled. Just going to head back to have a looksie.

How about Stacey, Paula & me (and anyone else who is interested) fill the site/forum admin roles. It is definatly not a role for just one person.

Carolyn

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 pm

It wouldn't be TNN without mamma hen Stacey!! Don't go!!!

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:54 pm

I will 3rd Kate for Chairwoman and Anastasia for Treasurer!

I am happy to do secretary as long as there is a job description...
Although the first job of the new commitee is probably job descriptions ..yeah?

or Kate and I could share the joint chair/sec job??? I wont even attempt to go anywhere near treasurer :lol: or 3 people (CL?) work together across the 2 jobs? (remembering Kate that you will have a newborn soon!! :wink: )

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 pm

What was the final decision made about wahms on the committee? I spose I should really go read the rules eh :lol:

Return to “Archived - AGM 2009”