AGm Discussion : Committe member roles

Annual General Meeting
ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm

What a flurry of posts from me tonight , lol!

Just one quick suggestion - the new Board can nut out the job descriptions and additional Committee roles as they see fit in subsequent Committee Meetings. For now, perhaps keep focus on the main positions that the Board needs to exist ie Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer. (And the other roles that are pretty much deemed to be necessary from the discussion of this thread so far.) When volunteers/nominees have been made, then let's get voting on the main AGM thread then we can close this AGM.

By the way, this is a bit of a unusual practice - we just needed to get this AGM done, even if unconventional one. There should be another AGM by Sept because in the AGM we're supposed to approve Financial statements that are no more than 6 months old! So our financial year ends 31 March, therefore AGM should be held between March and Sept of the year.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:58 pm

Katriana wrote:Well I actually take offense at the suggestion that WAHM's cannot be unbiased.

Don't believe it's affected my role thus far, and it it certainly hasn't affected Stacey's role (she's a wahm too)..

but if that's what the majority want then withdraw my interest please.

Carolyn

I'm sorry that you felt that way Carolyn. Hope you've had a chance to think about it.

I believe the more we talk about it, the easier it will be to talk about it, without anyone feeling awkward or offended. make sense? :)

The rules are pretty clear as they stand. You and Navarri will not make up more than 25%, so I'd like to 2nd Navarri, and Katriana to take up the positions from Stacey when up to speed/next AGM.

CC- it's obvious how much time you've spent thinking/talking about all this stuff already. Events Coordinator sounds good to me. Lisa - can we change you role to this??? too much for you??

Maybe fundraising should be disucssed by the newly elected commmittee so we delete as a possible role for now? I do think it's pretty important, as everything fundraising is as much PR as well, so expect me to bring this up again! :D

Right, CC is giving us the push again.

I will 2nd Callum's Godmother for the Hire Kit coordinator and advertising.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:10 pm

So from my updated list on page 1 of this thread, with the exception of Lisa deciding whether to accept the changing of role from RNW coord, to Events Coordinator (which we could possibly do later on anyway), I think this is ready for voting?

last chance folks. :D

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:37 pm

OK, I'm happy for either position I guess since its write your own job description month at TNN :wink:

CL are you happy to work with me 'cause I see a bit of cross over with liasing with other orgs for event details and getting materials out to the public.

Also... Just a quessie... Do you want to throw Demo's temporarily under the events banner?

CL
TNN nutter

Post by CL » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 pm

karmiec wrote:CL are you happy to work with me 'cause I see a bit of cross over with liasing with other orgs for event details and getting materials out to the public.

Me, I am confused, have not been able to follow all that's going on in this thread with being busy with work at the moment.

Can someone please pm me with what they would like me to do/see me doing and I will read it in the morning (hopefully after a good nights sleep).

I am happy to help with community liason/public involvement/researchy type stuff. Well anything really. But don't see myself as having to have formal commitee role if there are already lots of people involved. I am happy to assist informally :)

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:45 pm

CL wrote:
karmiec wrote:CL are you happy to work with me 'cause I see a bit of cross over with liasing with other orgs for event details and getting materials out to the public.

Me, I am confused, have not been able to follow all that's going on in this thread with being busy with work at the moment.

Can someone please pm me with what they would like me to do/see me doing and I will read it in the morning (hopefully after a good nights sleep).

I am happy to help with community liason/public involvement/researchy type stuff. Well anything really. But don't see myself as having to have formal commitee role if there are already lots of people involved. I am happy to assist informally :)

I think you've been suggested to do Comunity Liason as a committee member. What do you feel comfortable doing?

CL
TNN nutter

Post by CL » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

As I said in an earlier post my part time work load has just increased a lot. As of last week I was only getting sent maybe 1-2 jobs a week but now I am getting 1-2 jobs a day. So prior to this I was really keen to do the Community Liason position. But now I am just wary of overcommitting myself (which I am very good at doing). So would prefer to assist someone with the position. I don't think I have the time to contribute properly to the position on my own. So if that was the case would rather someone else who was keen on it did it.

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 am

karmiec wrote:Also... Just a quessie... Do you want to throw Demo's temporarily under the events banner?

What is under the events at the mo? RNW and maybe fundraising?

I'd think fundraising should be on its own as is Demo - but while they aren't very big, it could be under events. :-k

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:57 am

Ok Hows this I'll take Community Liason, Events Co-ordinator can go on hold untill the next AGM in Sept-ish

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:11 am

aidanasher wrote:
karmiec wrote:Also... Just a quessie... Do you want to throw Demo's temporarily under the events banner?

What is under the events at the mo? RNW and maybe fundraising?

I'd think fundraising should be on its own as is Demo - but while they aren't very big, it could be under events. :-k

I didn't make the events - fundraising link although thats a good idea.

I was thinking RNW, Environment week etc which would be good times to organise public demo's and therefore co-ordinating with demo-kit holders between events :wink:

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Lisa - not sure what page, but CL did withdraw her interest, so I took her name off the list.

Okay, will stick with RNW coordinator for now.

Events and fundraising to be priority disucssions post AGM.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Okay, we're officially ready to go. How do we vote?

put the list on the official thread and get present members to say 'aye'?

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:30 pm

What I meant was the whole:
RNW Co-ordinator OR Events portfolio not be introduced untill the next agm. In part because I don't think I can do justice to two jobs atm, and also while we nut out the direction etc.

I can hold both portfolios but I will be limited in how much I manage.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Okay, roger that. RNW coord position on hold. I imagine as Community LIason you'll be doing it anyway. :wink: but yes. will amend list and await further instructions.

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:52 pm

karmiec wrote:I was thinking RNW, Environment week etc which would be good times to organise public demo's and therefore co-ordinating with demo-kit holders between events :wink:

yeah, i know what you mean :D

Return to “Archived - AGM 2009”