AGm Discussion : Committe member roles

Annual General Meeting
posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:04 pm

k8ylou wrote:
posh wrote:I am happy to do whichever role is necessary to ensure the continuity of TNN Inc. I am not one for self-promotion, so I don't want to push myself for any particular role, which is why I am leaving it to the community to vote or not vote for me IYKWIM?

Very modest of you Anastasia, but I think in this environment, it's pretty hard for people to know a) what you are good at and where you'd best be used, and b) whether you'd actually want to do the job. So this is where selfnomination becomes ideal. If you know you can do it, and want to, then put your hand up!!

LOL... not really modest... just unsure of what needs filling...

I am a Chartered Accountant (retired status)... so I can probably best do the role of Treasurer :)
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:02 pm

Audrey, prior to AGM I had the Organiser of Demo role, so it'll be me handing over the role to you which would be handy cos' we're in the same part of town, lol. So will you be happy to take on the role?

Gabes, actually I have been asking for feedback and financial stuff from Hire Kit holders but I went through CG as she is the HK Coordinator. Sounds like there's been miscommunication somewhere?

There are brief job descriptions in the Committee section, but yeah, one of the top priorities for new committee is to nut that out :-)

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Yes, I'm happy to do it :D

Is that ok with the others?

gabes
TNN nerd

Post by gabes » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:25 pm

ClothConvert wrote:
Gabes, actually I have been asking for feedback and financial stuff from Hire Kit holders but I went through CG as she is the HK Coordinator. Sounds like there's been miscommunication somewhere?

Must be yes :lol: no one has contacted me about wanting information??
I would feel more comfortable having some sort of loop back to TNN actually.
If you let me know what you are wanting , either email or PM, I can get it to you asap :D

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Dunners wrote:
Stacey wrote:I really want to step down - but I would need to 'train' a replacement so I will put my hand up again for nomination. But it would be WONDERFUL to have someone lined up now, to take over at the next AGM. Even if someone was elected now and I could just help them learn the ropes.

:(

No offense to the next Forum Admin person, but oh by gum we've been very lucky having you Stacey. You have a gift with the way you word things, and in your sharp eye in detecting sifty behaviours, you've been so much more than membership/log in/password etc. VERY big shoes to fill (though I totally understand your readiness to move on).

Personally, like others I will help fill a position that needs filling, though it looks like all of the main roles are filled. Just going to head back to have a looksie.

Agreed. thank you so much for your amazing effort and energy spent on all of us for so long! :queen:

Dunners - Would you be interested in fundraising if this is accepted as a role?

Callum' s Godmother - have you been following the thread? just wondering if you are really keen to keep both your roles?

Gabes - I'd like to 2nd that proposal. (this should probably be put into the official AGM thread?) I think it is still feasible to have the overall HK coordinator, as that person could report directly to the Chairperson, it's fewer people for the chairperson to have to chase. And it could possibly expand to more regions, if we fundraise and get more kits out there?

(I think all committee roles should have a report at AGM, as well as any meetings during the year)

Claire!! Yay!! I'd be really happy to share the chair/sec roles with you (if we're accepted). I think it'd be nice to have north/south island represented.

I 2nd Aidanasher for Demo kit organiser.

Anyone have any ideas about the WAHM's on committee? I tried to get to the 'rules' but the society site was down. CC - do you have the rules wtih you? I'd just be afraid of issues around conflict of interest and ability to be unbias. But, if we don't have people to fill spots, can we be choosy? :D

Right, starting to really get somewhere I think.

We have a saying in Playcentre to 'own what you say', but also to 'own what you DON'T say'. So for all of you sitting on your hands, this is your chance to make your opinion heard.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm

I 2nd Stacey for WEbsite, and Forum Admin.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Heart - did you re read the 'design' job description? it's not so much about computer stuff, more about desgining and writing materials?

Designer - Works with the committee to produce educational material, the main pieces being the Modern Nappies brochure with listings of stockists and the website. May increase in the future to brochures for creches and childcare and other topics.

actually though, you may be given all the info. written, and then need to 'make it work' in print/website. Does that sound like fun for you? :D

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:53 am

ClothConvert wrote:Gabes, actually I have been asking for feedback and financial stuff from Hire Kit holders but I went through CG as she is the HK Coordinator. Sounds like there's been miscommunication somewhere?

sorry Michelle, I can't recall being asked for info on hire kits - i do the invoicing on advertising and that was the info I supplied to you!

I saw my role as Gabes describes it - people email me updates on their private hire kits and I get the info to someone who can change it on the website.

With the advertising I book people in and then to make changes I have to get it to someone else to actually do the changes. I send out invoices for the advertising.

I am more than willing to carry on in these roles - but if someone else wanted a go that would be fine too.

and No sorry K8ylou - I have been away and haven't followed the thread! thanks for the PM!!

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:42 am

k8ylou wrote:Dunners - Would you be interested in fundraising if this is accepted as a role?

Any ideas on a "job description" for this one?

Another role I was thinking of last night if Karmiec is happy to have a side kick, I'd be happy to do RNW for the South Island?

heart
TNN nutter

Post by heart » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:33 am

k8ylou wrote:Heart - did you re read the 'design' job description? it's not so much about computer stuff, more about desgining and writing materials?

Designer - Works with the committee to produce educational material, the main pieces being the Modern Nappies brochure with listings of stockists and the website. May increase in the future to brochures for creches and childcare and other topics.

actually though, you may be given all the info. written, and then need to 'make it work' in print/website. Does that sound like fun for you? :D

Thats fine am comfortable doing writing and design work am a graphic designer by trade :lol:
Natural mum to one darling 4 yr old boy and a 2 yr old daughter.

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 am

This could be another vote/thread - Do we need /want fundraising? (actually,s hould this go in official AGM thread too? or can it be minuted or whole discussion summarised later)

pros

- we could get some great ideas off the ground, get some t-shirts made and other merchandise(buggy tags?), cookbook, etc.

- it's a way for forum users to support the TNN Inc. (buy stuff :lol: )

- fundraising looks good from a grants perspective - if you put in a grant and you've already fundraised a percentage, then more likely to have grant accepted.

- We'd become more able to support our volunteers i.e. $10 petrol voucher for helping at RNW, etc.

cons

- it's another job.
???

Job Description

- From committee and member discussion, coordinate any fundraising activities

- Be available to report to committee ideas from forum users/members

- Work with treasurer to reimburse for expenses, pay suppliers.

Lisa? this is your forte. :wink:

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 am

I 2nd Heart for Design

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:13 am

k8ylou wrote:Lisa? this is your forte. :wink:

What is my forte ? :smt079 or BS'ing

Fundraising is my office at PC,

My first task was to get some up to date information from http://www.fundraisingideas.org.nz/ and my own ideas.

Then I want to set up a calender / timeline for events.

I believe the offical blurb is that "based on the fundraising objects targetted by the committee and treasurer (so shortfalls of funds, or fundraising for a specific resource to be purchased) the fundraising officer, plans and books fundraising oppertunities"

So it involves thinking about practicalities like bookings, judging interest in a particular product or service...

And deligating. So if it is online sales of buggy tags (as a really great example!!), you decide on a company to buy the tags from, deligate to someone to set up websales in a suitable manner (eg: setting up a webform), for someone (eg Treasurer) to watch that funds clear, then arranging dispatch.

ETA -
Pros - funds available for projects
Cons - we have to have appropriate uses for those funds, we don't want to accumulate cash just because we can

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:07 am

totally 2nd the kate/claire chair combo! :)

imo it would be extremely preferably to have non-wahms in committee roles, mostly because that also protects from accusation of bias.. i think stacey has done a remarkable job of being *and* appearing unbiased! :bow:

i'm also happy to help out however, but umm.. don't think i have the skills needed to fill any of the committee roles :oops:
:star:

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:15 am

nova wrote:imo it would be extremely preferably to have non-wahms in committee roles, mostly because that also protects from accusation of bias.. i think stacey has done a remarkable job of being *and* appearing unbiased! :bow:

Very valid point about the WAHMs, nova... :)

And totally agree about Stacey being unbiased :)

Also, I wouldn't think that WAHMs had any free time to spare for being on the TNN committee? :shrug:
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

Return to “Archived - AGM 2009”