Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Nappies, knitting patterns or anything else where you can post for testers wanted
Post Reply
krisha
TNN oracle
Posts: 13625
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by krisha » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Nappy fits Lucas who was weighed yesterday (and totally surprised me) is just under 14kgs. It fit him on the 2nd to last snap, I would say it would need more absorbency for him and Charlotte as well (hes toilet trained now). It fit Charlotte on the 2nd lot of snaps. I think the crutch is fine - I laid itti inserts inside it and it still fit perfectly :) Love the pattern! (If you ever release it to the wild ;) I would be interested)

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks Kristy :D Hope C is feeling better after her jabs yesterday.

The naps will definatley have more absorbancy, and releasing to the wild is what I am working on :wink: n Slowly but surely :lol:

hmm, seams quite a split on liking the widness of the crotch, i think i will leave it for now as it seams to fine when made up with minky anyway.

Might take a wee bit off those tabs though, just so it can fit from a wee bit earlier.
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

lily1 wrote:Thanks Kristy :D Hope C is feeling better after her jabs yesterday.

The naps will definatley have more absorbancy, and releasing to the wild is what I am working on :wink: n Slowly but surely :lol:

hmm, seams quite a split on liking the widness of the crotch, i think i will leave it for now as it seams to fine when made up with minky anyway.

Might take a wee bit off those tabs though, just so it can fit from a wee bit earlier.


Actually, I think I will just get rid of the last snap, unless anyone thinks it needs to be there?
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

User avatar
LuluNZ
TNN guru
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: My little slice of this wonderful country

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by LuluNZ » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I don't think we will ever get to using the last snaps since DS will most probably be TTing this summer. He is very trim though and I also find the crotch width fine as he is like his dad and has no butt (oh I so wish that was me :wink: ).
Mummy to DD (19) and DS(5)

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm

He is very trim though and I also find the crotch width fine as he is like his dad and has no butt (oh I so wish that was me ).


I know the feeling :rotfl: Except Lily has inherited my genes, short and chubby :smt044 Poor girl :lol:
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Would love to lnow how those with the smalls are getting on :wink:
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

krisha
TNN oracle
Posts: 13625
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by krisha » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Don't think we would ever get to the last snaps either, I think the one we got was a medium? was that right Tasha?

ariayla

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by ariayla » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:34 pm

LOL, I forgot M was wearing it yesterday and she had it on for about 4 hours...lets just say you could of squeezed her bottom half and wrung out alot of pee. Will definatly be boosting next time. Liked it for no marks of her thighs from the leg elastic but there was a very red mark which I think was from the microfibre being against her skin where I cant of folded it under properly.

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:38 pm

krisha wrote:Don't think we would ever get to the last snaps either, I think the one we got was a medium? was that right Tasha?



Yep.

I made up a medium the other day, and then tried it on Lily who is just over 13.5kgs and with the minky nap she fit it on the last snap on one side and second to last on the other, I though it was going to be a rather tight fit. but after I take a bit off the tab and remove the last snaps it should just fit on the last snaps.

I need to find out what size fits the first snaps so I can sort out weight range. I think once i do a bit of adjusting, medium should fit from about 7KGs. Might need to pay a visit to my sis and her 3 month old bubba :D
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 pm

ariayla wrote:LOL, I forgot M was wearing it yesterday and she had it on for about 4 hours...lets just say you could of squeezed her bottom half and wrung out alot of pee. Will definatly be boosting next time. Liked it for no marks of her thighs from the leg elastic but there was a very red mark which I think was from the microfibre being against her skin where I cant of folded it under properly.



I will be rplacing the flannlette with 400gsm bamboo and the microfibre will have a stay dry layer on top, they will also be a bit longer, as I found the one I made for the medium was a bit short for my liking.
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

ariayla

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by ariayla » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:42 pm

lily1 wrote:
ariayla wrote:LOL, I forgot M was wearing it yesterday and she had it on for about 4 hours...lets just say you could of squeezed her bottom half and wrung out alot of pee. Will definatly be boosting next time. Liked it for no marks of her thighs from the leg elastic but there was a very red mark which I think was from the microfibre being against her skin where I cant of folded it under properly.



I will be rplacing the flannlette with 400gsm bamboo and the microfibre will have a stay dry layer on top, they will also be a bit longer, as I found the one I made for the medium was a bit short for my liking.


Im gonna sew a couple layers of hemp on, will let you know how that goes.

User avatar
lily1
TNN nerd
Posts: 2398
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 am
Location: West coast

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by lily1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Right, the next thing I need to decide on is a name :?

I have been thinking and thinking for months and months,(trust me, I'm hopless when it comes to naming things, DD1 had a name a few days after she was born, DD2 didn't get a name for two weeks :shock: and L only had a name from birth coz I let DP coose from a list :lol: ).

These are some of the ideas I have had,

Hipsy-flips
Hipsy Daisys/Hips a Daisy

DD1s idea, Minky monsters
DD2s sugestion,

And DP's idea Geni-arses :eh: :roll: So he's been booted out of the discussion group :lol:

Help me decide, or if you think of anything else let me know!
Tasha, Mum to: Lauren-14, Keira-12 and Lily 6
and our angel baby Robert 17/08/13

User avatar
Kaz
TNN guru
Posts: 7211
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by Kaz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 pm

I think Hips-a-daisy sounds good :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

User avatar
tastic
TNN nerd
Posts: 2534
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:31 am
Location: Timaru

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by tastic » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 am

I don't think you would need the last set of snaps. I must say this is the only nappy where aidan isn't on the last set of snaps! he is on the second from the middle which is FANTASTIC which means they will last a while - and he is back up at 15kg. when Its dried Ill try it on my older son who is almost 17kg if you want?
I can not wait for these to become available!
I think Hips-a-daisy sounds good too :)
Trish :Knitting: :sew:
Mum to Bailey - 7 :king:, our NICU Miracle Aidan (born at 26 weeks) - 6 :king: and Adele - 2 :queen:
Image Image Image

my goal this year: beat last years total!
ImageImage

User avatar
Kaz
TNN guru
Posts: 7211
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 1:49 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: Nappy testers needed (updated please read).

Post by Kaz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm

:lol: Well passed the explosive poo test! The insert I have isn't going to hold much and I don't have anything narrow enough to boost it, so can't say how effective it is in the wee department. It held OK for 2hrs, much longer and we'd have a puddle (I understand the proper insert would be more absorbant.)

Will post photos as soon as I work out how to do it minus photobucket as it seriously hates me today :roll: Can anyone talk me through?
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Post Reply

Return to “Testers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest