ISO some knitting pattern testers for blanket patterns

Nappies, knitting patterns or anything else where you can post for testers wanted
j-j
TNN guru

ISO some knitting pattern testers for blanket patterns

Post by j-j » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi there lovelies!

I've got a couple of patterns underway for testing at the moment but I seem to be running short on blanket testers. I know that this is due to the amount of yarn needed as well as the time normally needed to knit a blanket.

There are 2 different patterns, I need a couple more testers for each. Both are using a very easy to memorise lace pattern which knits up and grows very quickly in DK.

One is called Poplar, which reminds me of rows of Poplar trees.
For this I need 2 testers, one for the baby blanket (bassinet/stroller type size) which will take approx 10 x 50gm balls of DK, one for the throw (also a good baby cot size) which will take approx 20 x 50gms balls.
Deadline is mid March

The other is called Fernleaf - again, this reminds me of a fern :)
For this I need 2 testers, one for the baby blanket (bassinet/stroller type size) which will take approx 10 x 50gm balls of DK, one for the throw (also a good baby cot size) which will take approx 20 x 50gms balls.
Deadline is the end of March

Testers get my external gratitude and a full copy of the pattern - which also includes a 4, 8, 10ply scarf pattern and a dishcloth pattern.

I KNOW it's not a huge return for all your knitting, but if you perhaps need a special present for a friend due to have a baby soon, or even one for a special baby of your own due soon then it might be perfect timing? And I would truly appreciate it! It should be an easy and mindless knit 8-)

Thought I'd ask here before posting in the really general searching for testers group on Rav ;) But please no time wasters, I really only want people who can definitely commit and definitely meet the deadline?

For more info see here or pm me
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/ozdesigns/topics/2022272

Thanks again

xx

Julia
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Petals
TNN guru

Re: ISO some knitting pattern testers for blanket patterns

Post by Petals » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Gosh, not sure that even I have 1kg of dk in the same yarn. I'll have a look and get back to you in the next day or so.
Kylie

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 pm

That's a real guesstimate for the throw blanket! The baby/stroller sized one definitely needs 10 balls, the other might be ok with 16ish.
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:43 am

Julia - would either one be considered a nice BOY pattern if I was to do one in blues ie not tooo lacy - I still havent done a blanket for baby so could do one if needed would just have to measure my other kids ones as to size and buy some wool but my knitting has improved enough that I think I could met your deadlines.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 am

I would definitely knit either for a boy :)

If you pm me your email address I can email you a little doc I'd already put together with the pics

mamacas
TNN nerd

Post by mamacas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

i havnt seen the fernleaf but im doing the poplar scarf atm and i think it would make an awesome boys blanket (if i wasnt such a slow knitter and already doing seval tests, id do one for my boy)

it would look great knitted in cream (those skeinz 1 kg hanks would be perfect :wink: ) then dip dyed in blues for a little man :vibes:

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:24 am

Cool have Pmed you
mamacas wrote:it would look great knitted in cream (those skeinz 1 kg hanks would be perfect ) then dip dyed in blues for a little man
I thought about that but just leant all my 8pl naked skeinz to Hannah and only have 10ply here now. But had thought the same that I might just get cream or white or pale blue and then dye it afterwards.
Kiley - SAHM to - Caycee (8/03), Stefanie (6/05), Brody (12/06), Keegan (5/10) and
Image Image

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am

Is it bad that I'm tempted to do the fernleaf one just cos I know it will be lovely? :lol: must not, have to finish polar scarf and many many other knits, and liitle O already has a knitted blanket anyway
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

Claude30 wrote:Cool have Pmed you
mamacas wrote:it would look great knitted in cream (those skeinz 1 kg hanks would be perfect ) then dip dyed in blues for a little man
I thought about that but just leant all my 8pl naked skeinz to Hannah and only have 10ply here now. But had thought the same that I might just get cream or white or pale blue and then dye it afterwards.
Skeinz harvest is nice, last time I looked it was $3.50 a ball, I'll email you as soon as the kids let me! I have to turn on the other 'puter to send you the pics.

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 am

rootoo wrote:Is it bad that I'm tempted to do the fernleaf one just cos I know it will be lovely? :lol: must not, have to finish polar scarf and many many other knits, and liitle O already has a knitted blanket anyway
Oh you should...go on, you know you want to ;) I can send you a pic too if you like?

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 am

I am tempted but I would want to do the throw size and I dont think I would be able to meet your deadline - how many hours knitting do you think would be in it?
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:26 am

j-j wrote:
rootoo wrote:Is it bad that I'm tempted to do the fernleaf one just cos I know it will be lovely? :lol: must not, have to finish polar scarf and many many other knits, and liitle O already has a knitted blanket anyway
Oh you should...go on, you know you want to ;) I can send you a pic too if you like?
:lol: I would want to do the cot size and I don't have nearly enough yarn here at the moment so I will pass.. but I will quite possibly knit one later when the pattern is released.
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

Mrs Shavas
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Shavas » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm tempted for the smaller of either, but I'm not sure I could meet the deadline either. LMK if you are still short though.
"almost without exception [women] are shown in their relation to men. It was strange to think that all the great women of fiction were, [...]not only seen by the other sex, but seen only in relation to the other sex. And how small a part of a woman’s life is that"Virginia Woolf
Mum to my P Monkey 18/04/08, fox 28/11/09, and Missy moo moo 2/07/12

Claude30
TNN guru

Post by Claude30 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:50 pm

They are nice. I just measured my other kids ones and they are approx 90 x 90 cm if you want me to knit one around that size. I think I am more drawn to the fern leaf pattern but will be happy to do either.

If you want to let me know tonight I will finish my Tama tonight and go get some wool tomorrow (provided baby stays put). :wink:
Image Image

Return to “Testers”