Monthly "themed" crafty/talent focus?

meow
TNN guru

Re: Monthly "themed" crafty/talent focus?

Post by meow » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm

That sounds really cool! Do you think they'd let me post a pavlova? (Oh wait, I can't make pavlovas. Damn).

But I might put my hand up to join in (because I like taking on too many projects at once :roll: :lol:)

Erica-Jane
TNN nerd

Post by Erica-Jane » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm in.
I need to sew baby clothes for next Summer out of my fern print cotton and finish a Koru jersey for this winter.
If you find that ribbon LMK I have a use for some too :wink:

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:11 am

Ideas for themes for March?

I have the urge to do some upcycling/refashioning from old jeans - not that I have any to cut up so I've just listed on our local Freecycle group requesting old jeans that I can cut up. So, I've been thinking that one of the themes could be upcycling related - maybe a $5 Op Shop challenge?

Other ideas?
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

mamacas
TNN nerd

Post by mamacas » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:19 am

Dunners wrote:Ideas for themes for March?

I have the urge to do some upcycling/refashioning from old jeans - not that I have any to cut up so I've just listed on our local Freecycle group requesting old jeans that I can cut up. So, I've been thinking that one of the themes could be upcycling related - maybe a $5 Op Shop challenge?

Other ideas?

im in for that, iv got a whole suitcase of old clothes that iv hung onto cos i liked the fabric of thought i could turn it into something for the kids.
havent done any of it yet :oops:

so i def need a kick up the bum to do it :wink:

Goldilocks
TNN nerd

Post by Goldilocks » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Other ideas?

Love this idea Leanne!Love upcycling!! I've done a few pairs of pants out of ones that my big boy has grown out of and turned them into pants for the wee one. Also tshirts that have had good neck bands have been made into little ones :D Oh and have made lounge pants out of old mens tshirts! LOVE opshopping!FUn!

I'm thinking of doing a wedding album for our 1yr anniversary coming up in March (as all the photos are still in a box! :oops: )I'm sure that will come under 'Love is' :wink: Better get onto it!!! :D
~Carla~

Proud mummy to 3 boys..
kayd 23/6/02
Kyan 11/9/06
Rafferty 6/5/10
Life is crazy!

<---My 3 gorgeous boys!

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Goldilocks wrote:

Other ideas?

Love this idea Leanne!Love upcycling!! I've done a few pairs of pants out of ones that my big boy has grown out of and turned them into pants for the wee one. Also tshirts that have had good neck bands have been made into little ones :D Oh and have made lounge pants out of old mens tshirts! LOVE opshopping!FUn!

I'm thinking of doing a wedding album for our 1yr anniversary coming up in March (as all the photos are still in a box! :oops: )I'm sure that will come under 'Love is' :wink: Better get onto it!!! :D

Love the upcycling idea, flatmate and I have been planning redsigning a couple of t-shirts of hers that have too-tight necks. I'm really keen to make undies for me from old t-shirts but I still wear all my shabby old ts lol so might need to go opshopping :D

And goldilocks: I put my parents' photos into an albums for them for their 25th anniversary ;)
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

missymoomoo
TNN nerd

Post by missymoomoo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 pm

um now did I miss this thread :lol:

I'm in, although I do suck at getting stuff done for this type of thing, but I will give it ago.

Right, off to finish the projects I'm working on so I can make something for this :D
Jo
Ma too two amazing and beautiful girls born 08 and 11. They just make my heart sing every day ♥

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JodulbugCreations
Blog: www.jodulbugcreations.com
Felt: http://felt.co.nz/shop/jodulbug

Erica-Jane
TNN nerd

Post by Erica-Jane » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:55 pm

I just bought a few 50c cotton lycra op shop T-Shirts to turn into undies for the kids. I figure that I can't go too far wrong if I screw them up at that price :lol:

Plingie
TNN guru

Post by Plingie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm in for upcycling. I recently found my favourite Tshirt from when I was a teen. It's currently in the size "anorexic teen" and I'm a healthy "post-baby plump" so I'm going to cut off the picture on the front and applique it onto a tshirt for my DD. I also have another Tshirt with an awesome wee design on it that I want to applique onto a shirt for DD.

Dunners - I saw your freecycle ad :D I'll check my "never to be fit into again" pile for you :D

jhcsmum
TNN nerd

Post by jhcsmum » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:36 pm

I looked at this the other day and decided I could finish off my NZ quilt that I made all the patches for while I was waiting for DS to arrive and I have just finished a pair of shorts for DD to wear on Camp tomorrow (I so hate sewing this late with no bulbs in my sewing machine).

And my only pair of jeans were so worn on the seat they tore yesterday when I was in town :oops: and I had to walk around the grocery store with my legs together pulling down my too short tee :oops: :oops: , so have them available to upcycle. I've made a few singlets lately out of my old tee's for J and got a thrill out of making something for free.
Deb
Stitch Marker Maker
Image Image

misstickle
TNN guru

Post by misstickle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Yups Im in and put Jayes Quilt under Love Is because I love her heaps hehehe. Finished the front so just need to buy batting and binding fabric and make the back for it :)

I love the Upcycling idea for March :) I have some toe socks here that I want to make Babylegs out of for Jaye and appliqueing old pics off tops onto kids tops but how to do that I have no idea lol.
Formerly known as SPUNKBUBBLE

Laura - keeping up the trend of 'dodgy usernames' since 2007 ;)
Mum to Manaia and Jaye.

daydream97
TNN guru

Post by daydream97 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Goldilocks wrote:

Other ideas?

I did a scrapbook for my dh for our one year anniv ... it went from the day we met to when we got married right through to our first anniv noting special events and diff things that were important :D he LOVED it and recommended it to his friend when she asked for ideas for a pressy for her hubby :P

For 100% kiwi have done some 100% cotton kiwi baby shoes for the Petone Fair ;) ... only a few cos Im not sure how popular they will be??!

For upcycling in March ... I have a huge bag of old tops and stuff of mine that I want to redesign into clothes for DD so I would def do sometihng like that ;) ... actually teh dress she is wearing in my aviatar used to be an old top of mine that i got about 5years ago in an op shop for 50c :lol: 8-)
Jenna
:girl: Miss Mikaela (03/09)
:angel: Dec 2010
:TNN2: Reuben owen (9/11)
:stork: 08/2013
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

daikininz
TNN nerd

Post by daikininz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 pm

:rotfl: I already had plans to upcycle some stuff into presents for my brother and sister for their birthdays in April... want to get the gifts finished by the end of March because that's when Mum and Dad are coming to visit :D so a March Upcycle theme suits me perfectly!
Becca
Mum of MissK12, MrJ8, MrX6, MrJ5, MissC3
1 dog (Chester)

:PC: Find our blogs on parenting, geocaching and my creative efforts at narelo.com

macca
TNN guru

Post by macca » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Mods can we have the seperate section for these monthly focus sorted out - if that is possible. :D
Melissa
Mum to Jack - born November 06 and Charlie - born May 09.
My blog http://maccafamily.blogspot.com

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Do you just want another section like "Monthly Focus" or something?? (scuse me feeling really thick today :oops: 8-[ )
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

Return to “Monthly Craft focus”