March 2010 Craft Focus Ideas&Photos - Upcycling/ recycling

daydream97
TNN guru

Re: March 2010 Craft Focus Ideas&Photos - Upcycling/ recycling

Post by daydream97 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 am

Minty wrote:Here's my wee project, not sewing, but glueing. (Actually its not even glued yet, but it will be when I get some glue :wink: ).

All second hand pieces of china. Some made in NZ, some made in England (Staffordshire), some old, some new, all white and blue.

I'll be sticking the plates and cups together with clear silicon, so that it is watertight (although I probably won't immerse in water to clean anyway), and food friendly.

thats a cool idea minty! love it :) i love those plates as well, my nana has like the whole range, seriously sooo much of it. but she would never part with any of it for me .. maybe ill just to keep my eye out for some of my own lol \:D/
Jenna
:girl: Miss Mikaela (03/09)
:angel: Dec 2010
:TNN2: Reuben owen (9/11)
:stork: 08/2013
blog - My family, crafts and Montessori journey :) -- http://ticefamilynz.blogspot.com/

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Bah humbug at my camera not working properly, but here's what I've done thus far (as per my blog)

I was gifted this funky kids tunnel fabric a few years ago (was it from you Theresa? or Leah? one of you Dunedin girls). I didn't get around to sewing it into something for Will, but we did drape the pieces over the car seat so that he could look at them as we travelled. Time to cut them up!

And turned it into 2 x changing mats (one with pink camo minky, other with zebra minky on the back, both with PU film in the middle for wee accidents). thanks to those of you whom came to my rescue with the minky!
4 x large taggies, and 8 x small taggies - all with black & white contrast minky (zebra or paw prints), and a "pacifier" clip to attach it to whatever. Some have the face outlined with stitching - this was a tedious job so I gave up on it for some.

I had plans of turning a ripped pair of jeans (off Freecycle) and some old ties into a skirt for me, but I just couldn't get my ideas straight. And after hours of unpicking ties, sewing together, unpicking because I didn't like it, sewing together etc I was getting annoyed, so turned it into a bag. A reversible bag. An ugly reversible bag. Don't like it much, but it's done! I don't care anymore!

Mum & I popped into a factory shop while in the area last week. Mum spotted this womens top, in the $1 bin. She insisted I take it, knowing I could turn it into something for Emily. The bottom tier was cut, so I unpicked it, and added lace & velvet ribbon. I also added more lace & velvet ribbon at the V front. Not bad for $1, a few things from stash and about an hour of time! Emily likes it - now to suss out a top & pants for underneath...

I have stacks more upcycling projects waiting to be finished...
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Happychik
TNN nerd

Post by Happychik » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 pm

wow I love what you've done with the tunnel *runs off to find the boys old one!*

Natty
TNN guru

Post by Natty » Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 pm

My latest Up-cycle

My skirt from last winter(yes I am an old granny wearing woolen skirts)

Into......

Some yummy fluffy wool and angora pants for the girls for winter, with birdie applique :D
They are SO SO comfy :vibes:
Im pretty stoked that they fit bot girls :D

ImageImageImage Image
Natalia, Mummy to 2 beautiful Princesses,Nina :princess:(09-05-07) and Olivia :princess:(07-11-08)

Darny
TNN guru

Post by Darny » Mon May 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Wow! Loving these upcycles!
Those pants look sooooo warm I want some! Love the appliqués too!
Shar
http://www.darncat.com Clothing Patterns for Kids (and some for Mum and Dad)
http://www.facebook.com/DaRNCaT.Patterns http://darncatpatterns.blogspot.com/
http://www.nznappies.co.nz OSFM adjustable rise nappy patterns

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness' :penguin:

Return to “Monthly Craft focus”