2012.... TNN Inc's big year?

An area for people who want to volunteer their services to TNN inc without being financial members
PukekoPossum
TNN nerd

Re: 2012.... TNN Inc's big year?

Post by PukekoPossum » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

Sounds fantastic. My favoutire spot, Piha, lol... Love the greens in the sand dunes. ;) Nice eco friendly look too.

I am available every second weekend, so this weekend and then two from there.

I haven't been photographing recently, because I've been really ill, but if you can deal with me being a little slower than usual, then all good. :)

Fun!

xxx Lou
Mwah!!

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

PukekoPossum wrote:Sounds fantastic. My favoutire spot, Piha, lol... Love the greens in the sand dunes. ;) Nice eco friendly look too.

I am available every second weekend, so this weekend and then two from there.

I haven't been photographing recently, because I've been really ill, but if you can deal with me being a little slower than usual, then all good. :)

Fun!

xxx Lou
we will maybe need a powwow on what "kind" of photos to take, lots of kids running around in cloth? (is there anything else? i dunno!)
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:31 pm

krisha wrote:who has the timaru kit? (news to me that theres one here... )
tastic

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

No I don't Lou...
karmiec wrote:- A copy of the society rules needs to be made available online to members.
These have always been online at hte companies office website and have been linked to many times. The only variation is hte wind up clause that was ammended at the last AGM
Umm... where ALL members can see them? Perhaps I could make a sticky in Committee Discussion for it? That would make it easier for people to understand how the process works :)

Drat, was going to reply to something else, but forgot what it was.

Anyway... awesome! YAY!!! \:D/ :vibes:
:star:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Nova, I will look into having the PDF hosted on the TNN website if I can't get access to the orginal file and copy and paste into a post/thread... unfortunately it doesn't rock my socks to type it all out from scratch :lol:

ETA - http://www.societies.govt.nz/cms/banner ... e/SOCAGENT if you want to search for it.
Lisa

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Doesn't have to be hosted on our site (too hard basket, IMO) just bung it on somewhere like Box.net, then put a link here! :D Typing it out would be :yuck: :D

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:06 pm

The only thing is if the file/PDF is too large it will take years to load if someone is trying to view it on dialup. Maybe if it could be split into lots of little files so it loads faster?
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

The PDF version I have downloaded is 349 KB
Lisa

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:58 am

Claire wrote:TNN is definitely still an incorporated society. I just looked it up on the societies register.
TNN is no longer a registered charity with the charities commission and doesn't have tax free status with the IRD .. but it is still an incorporated society and needs to follow the rules for societies.
http://www.societies.govt.nz/cms/incorp ... -a-society
OR officially wind up http://www.societies.govt.nz/cms/incorp ... ed-society (and follow the rules for wind up)

I am still the listed as co-chair and my address is still listed as the address details.
I have harped on and on about it but it's still there and I am not allowed to change it myself as I'm not on the board. Lisa you are currently the chair can you PLEASE contact them and get this changed. I am really annoyed that I am still getting stuff from them asking when TNN is going to have an agm and when it's going to submit financials. If there is no one on the current board who has time to do that then PLEASE have an agm so that a new board can be elected (or wind up procedure started).

It's all good getting the promotion back up and running... but we also HAVE to follow the rules. If the board decides to wind up then 21 days notice needs to be given for a general meeting.
Hey Claire

I've phoned them yet again today to have you removed, I've done through all the motions to do it again. They couldn't tell me why it wasn't done when I emailed them last September, and helpfully have no record of the communication (maybe I should have sent them the email conversation :lol: ). So, fingers and toes crossed this time you are properly removed :).

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 am

That's so strange eh. I emailed them again on Monday and they seemed to have registered thissss time because they emailed Kate this morning (although the email was actually from someone in the MED attaching a letter that they received from the socities office telling the MED to do the change. weird!) Maybe everyone hassling them together has worked.
Aren't govt departments painful!

eta.. yeah I checked and it's all updated! Cheers Paula!

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:10 am

Claire wrote:That's so strange eh. I emailed them again on Monday and they seemed to have registered thissss time because they emailed Kate this morning (although the email was actually from someone in the MED attaching a letter that they received from the socities office telling the MED to do the change. weird!) Maybe everyone hassling them together has worked.
Aren't govt departments painful!
I got that email too and it was like WTF??!! I was told in September you had both been removed.
Just as well these are toll free numbers cause I have no home phone today so using my cell :roll: . IRD next...yaaaaay!

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Don't want to nag ;) but are there any motions to hold an AGM in the works? :D Just need to decide on a date, then everything else can be put in place! \:D/

I've had a nice little conversation with Helen about the hire & demo kits, the TNN facebook page is going off, wheels have been set in motion for an update of the main page, there's new stuff getting started in the forum for MCN promotion/information, and we've had quite a few offers from volunteers \:D/

We just need to keep the momentum up!!!

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:50 am

nova, we would have to have a general meeting first to make sure the house was in order.

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 am

Is *that* happening then?

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:43 am

Callum's godmother wrote:
Janie wrote:
hannah wrote:So who really does run the show? Is there a committee list somewhere?
I would suspect that some involved are in Christchurch, would this be right? If so, then fair enough it has dropped to the bottom of the priority list.
yes
How many hire kits are there? Who has them and where? How many times have they been hired out in 2011?

I have tnn hire kits - hired out 3 times in last 18 months
there are also kits in auckland and the south island (timaru) - think they were out once last year

How many demo kits are there? Who has them and where? How many times have they been used in 2011?

demo kits were changing their look to become unbranded so i have all the auckland ones in my attic waiting for instructions on what to do with them.
saw recently dunedin have decided to send the ones they had back to distributors, christchurch ones with laura.

I am not sure if you mean the demo kit from the Central Southland Nappy Group instead of Dunedin? CSNG was set up by a couple of us down here but totally separate from TNN. We have just been in the process of wrapping up the group becuase there just isnt a need anymore with so much more info available. I still Demo at Antenatal classes in Southland.
Also I would like to add that most of the retailers that we contacted gifted thier demo nappies to us to auction off and donate $$ charity as that is what we are doing in wrapping up the group. Which is awesome :mrgreen:
Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

Return to “TNN inc volunteers”