Nominations for Board of TNN 2010

Annual General Meeting
k8ylou
TNN nerd

Re: Nominations for Board of TNN 2010

Post by k8ylou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Katriana wrote:Admin roles are reporting roles only. Stacey appoints the forum admins and the role on the Board is a reporting one only and is one (or all) of the current forum admins

You are saying Admin has no vote?

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Stacey wrote:Does a disposable company employee family member really count though? I'd be happy if it was noted on the membership form, but I wouldnt class you as 'commercial' :shrug:

)

I agree, I wouldn't class you as commercial

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

It's rather complicated isn't it!!!

Now to work through that list and see who isn't a comercial member because they own a succesful nappy business or work for one or are besties with another
Lisa

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:58 pm

karmiec wrote:Yep, a weird little loophole

As far as I can read if you subs are late you can still nominate, attend (be counted towards quorum) and ask questions (in turn) but your vote is suspended.

This whole thing makes my head spin in some ways.

ETA - it's like you are in limbo, the society is hoping you're just late but you aren't ressigned.

What problems do you think might arise from this? Isn't it reasonable to allow a bit of leeway in payment of subs. I believe in the future there will be a lot of memberships that lapse each year, as people move on, but it's a bit presumpteous(sp?) to delete them straight away . (plus it takes us that long to catch up administration wise. :D )

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:02 pm

k8ylou wrote:
karmiec wrote:Yep, a weird little loophole

As far as I can read if you subs are late you can still nominate, attend (be counted towards quorum) and ask questions (in turn) but your vote is suspended.

This whole thing makes my head spin in some ways.

ETA - it's like you are in limbo, the society is hoping you're just late but you aren't ressigned.

What problems do you think might arise from this? Isn't it reasonable to allow a bit of leeway in payment of subs. I believe in the future there will be a lot of memberships that lapse each year, as people move on, but it's a bit presumpteous(sp?) to delete them straight away . (plus it takes us that long to catch up administration wise. :D )

I think if they can't vote, then there wouldn't really be a problem :shrug:
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Nova: regards to your membership
I would say there is a degree of seperation involved
Is your father personally the retailler or seller of nappy products?
Or is he the employee of the seller of nappy products.

My reading is the one degree of seperation requires to be noted, two degrees of seperation is not explicitly mentioned and therefore IMO acceptable.

Then again I am a particularly verbose and officious tonight :roll: I seem to remember requesting a wet bus ticket...
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh the whole lapsed subscription, 2 month thing
It depends on the usergroups and how they are configured. They are still technically members so need to be in the same usergroup (or a similar one, although I'm sure the forum admin don't want to make yet another user group). The meeting must be present and they still have speaking rights but not voting rights (and voting must be 'open') so yea.. complicated.

I supect we need to have a list of paid up members posted 48 hours before the meeting. Anyone paying between then and hte start of hte meeting could vote but would need to be confirmed after hte fact. So if it was a deciding vote then yea we'd have to have a nail biting couple of days while we waited for the vote to be confirmed

Hehe like a live lotto draw needs to be confirmed, and we get unconfirmed results untill it's checked.
Lisa

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 pm

karmiec wrote:Then again I am a particularly verbose and officious tonight :roll: I seem to remember requesting a wet bus ticket...

Been looking Lisa, and I can't find a picture of a wet bus ticket for you :smt044 :mrgreen: 8-[ :smt005
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:33 pm

I only have wet noodles - will that do? :wink:

My heads doing this :lala: so I think I need to reread this all tomorrow, cos I cant make heads nor tails of it ATM.
------- Admin --------
:smt049 Mama to 2 beautiful kiddiwinks :smt049

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:44 pm

I think you might be over thinking it. The usergroups are irrelevent, they are names on a list, that are easily checked by treasurer. If people aren't posting or haven't paid the sub, they're unlikely to vote. We had quite a few subs gifted last year too, so they need to be checked, as it's not immediately apparent to Treasurer and secretary who are checking) .

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:47 pm

I agree. Its an administrative thing but its not an issue as far as I can see
I think it would only be an issue if we were using usergroups to set a private area for voting or something like that ... but we arent.. we are just posting votes to a thread so its very easily checked.
I was going to ask about gift subscriptions. Are we still doing these? ?

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:50 pm

No wet bus tickets here either... I could find a dry one

and add :coke: ..... except then I'll have to drink the rest of the coke and be :twitch: the rest of the night.

ETA - gift subs in terms of payment on behalf? or in terms of a really weird gift to give a new mum?
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok I'm going I'm going,
Just had a quick thought... perhpas the who can vote /how etc stuff belongs in a seperate thread... I got rather caught up but am thinking this thread is not particularly user friendly as it stands... hmmm...
Lisa

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:19 am

Its ok Lisa... when I have a chance later I will go through and make a list of who is nominated and seconded etc so its easy to read. :D

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm

bump bump bump

Who wants to jump on board?
Who wants to toss their friends in?
Lisa

Return to “The Nappy Network Inc AGM 2010”