AGM questions and sidechat

Annual General Meeting
Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: AGM questions and sidechat

Post by Katriana » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm

karmiec wrote:
Katriana wrote:Is there a problem voting as has always been done? Why the sudden need/want for secrecy? I thought the board was trying to be more transparent?

Maybe I read itdifferently to you, but Iread it as a question of how does the society get to have a voice? Which is a hard one when there isnt any comptiion over places on the board. For exmple is a bully stood for a general place on the board, but we were still under 15 board members how do people get to say, actually no you're not suitible representitive of our charity.

I'm happy to run against a confidence poll. That would show whether the society trust me for the position

Maybe exactly as you put it. If someone stands for a position that really isn't suitable then we have to just be able to tell them that they aren't suitable. The board needs to consist of members who want to follow the goals of the inc :)

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:39 am

Katriana wrote:
karmiec wrote:
Katriana wrote:Is there a problem voting as has always been done? Why the sudden need/want for secrecy? I thought the board was trying to be more transparent?

Maybe I read itdifferently to you, but Iread it as a question of how does the society get to have a voice? Which is a hard one when there isnt any comptiion over places on the board. For exmple is a bully stood for a general place on the board, but we were still under 15 board members how do people get to say, actually no you're not suitible representitive of our charity.

I'm happy to run against a confidence poll. That would show whether the society trust me for the position

Maybe exactly as you put it. If someone stands for a position that really isn't suitable then we have to just be able to tell them that they aren't suitable. The board needs to consist of members who want to follow the goals of the inc :)

uh, how? What makes someone unsuitable? how do you "just tell them"?

I also believe the Board needs to have members on it who want to actually DO things, rather than have their name on the Board. This is hard to tell until after they've been elected.

I completely agree Lisa. Stacey pointed out that polls are easiest as it ensures only one vote, and since admin is great at making new user groups, then there could be an AGM voting group (all paid up members by the date of the AGM) although the rest of it would be public. All nominees have a poll, and it's majority choice, if they get 50% of vote, then that's a general acceptance by the society for them to be elected.

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:21 am

It's a lot of exta work for Stacey Kate. If we had more than one person standing or more than 15 nominations then sure we need voting. We aren't in that situation

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am

Actually I have more to add,I'll come back later, but basically our rules do not allow for that type of vote Kate. If someone is nominted and seconded then they have two votes and if noone is standing against them they are on unless the board as a whole has veto'd their application which I'm not sure if we have allowed for in our rules on voting. We have an allowance for that in membership acceptance, but I'm not sure if we do for voting. The only way, other than telling a person directly, would be if there is someone who we, as a board, didn't want someone voted onto the new board, would be to nominate someone to stand against them and have a vote. I'll come back later tonight

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:46 am

Are there any positions that more than one person is standing for? Or do we have more than 15 people wishing to be on the board?

If not, then the question of how to structure voting is a moot point - cos we dont need to vote :)
------- Admin --------
:smt049 Mama to 2 beautiful kiddiwinks :smt049

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm sorry but I have come a bit late to this - I have just paid tonight, am I going to be too late to vote?

I have never really got involved with this side of TNN as I've never really felt I have anything to offer. TNN will have been a part of my life for 5 years this October :shock: and its about time I either went away or got more involved with it!

Return to “The Nappy Network Inc AGM 2010”