AGM 2010 - Open Now! Please post as present

Annual General Meeting
k8ylou
TNN nerd

AGM 2010 - Open Now! Please post as present

Post by k8ylou » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:16 am

Welcome to the 2010 TNN Inc. AGM. Meeting opened 9:16am

Please turn off your signature for this meeting.

Post ‘Present’. We need 5 TNN Inc. paid up members to post as present within the half hour of the meeting opening.

We will also need to pass the minutes of the last AGM (when I track them down!)

AGENDA

Reports – Chair, Treasurer, Admin, Hirekits, Etc.

Nominations for Board positions

Financials (Will need to pass these, but there is a delay while bits are found and completed)

Any other business?

Meeting to close when all business complete.
Last edited by k8ylou on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: AGM 2010 - Open Now! Please post as present

Post by Amethyst » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am

Present :)

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 am

Present

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 am

Present

Happi
TNN guru

Post by Happi » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 am

Present

heart
TNN nutter

Post by heart » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 am

present

Laura
TNN guru

Post by Laura » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:24 am

present

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 am

present

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:20 am

present (kind of )

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:52 am

Present

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:10 pm

present

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Passing minutes of the last AGM

I'm pretty sure we didn't do this during the year, although, in the future, I recommend they get passed at the first General Meeting so things are fresh.

So, you can post 'agree with minutes' or if you recall something different, let us know. thanks.

Minutes of TNN Inc. AGM meeting
28/3/09
Minute Taker:
K8ylou
Meeting Opened:
9.44am

Chairperson:
ClothConvert

Circulation:
Cloth Convert,Navarri ,Dunners ,Claire , Callum's Godmother , Rosebug , Neak1 , Fnk , Heart , RochelleJ , Kryddle , Redhead , AliG , Nova , RebeccaL , Kaz , CL , Gabes , Shorty , Janine , Mickeigh , M'smum , Minty , k8ylou , bib&tucker , Karmiec , Posh , Tentacles , lulunz ,Grubbiejulz , Kiwiroxy , Nzmum, NZnats , Katriana , Mumoftwo , Debbie , Aidanasher , Mermaid13

Present
Apologies None
Absent without
Apology (-)None

Office Holders Reports

Chairpersons Report

Well, while TNN the forum doesn't appear to have changed much except for getting bigger and more friendships forged through the chatting that goes on in the forum and also through nappicinos, TNN Inc has had a few (overdue) developments behind the scene. We are making progress to do things more formally and fulfil certain tax and Society obligations. These include holding AGMs, keeping a register of membership, application for Charity status, and reviewing our Society's Rules. It has been a long road which is not unexpected given the nature of our existence where most communications between Board members are via online and of our voluntary roles, on top of our more important role as Mothers/Dads/Caregivers with multiple littlies.

The biggest event in our calendar year is always the Real Nappy Week. Some regions are better co-ordinated than others, again this is dependent on the human resource available. In general, the feedback has been good. At the grass roots level, it is always encouraging to hear individuals reporting that they have found out (more) about MCNs through the demos and expos that are held during the Real Nappy Week. Even from MCN retailers, comments such as this are uplifting for those who put so much effort into organising the RNW events:

"normally school holidays are fairly quiet as far as people purchasing is concerned but these holidays have been the opposite - I can only contribute that to Real Nappy Week! " (re Real Nappy Expo in Auckland 2008.)

A Big Thank You to all the sub committees and volunteers that pulled in a massive effort to make Real Nappy Week events a huge success. There are a few of you, I haven't named everyone because my biggest fear is to miss out somebody's name. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Mwah.

TNN Inc also has a contract with Waitakere City Council to administer their Cloth Nappy Hire Kit project. TNN Inc acts as an Employer in providing remuneration for up to 5 employees to manage the Cloth Nappy Centre in West Auckland. This Hire Kit project is going from strength to strength for example there have been 15 new hire kits added at the start of this year making a total of 41 kits available for hire. Waitakere Hospital is on board using cloth nappies on all babies born and during their stay in the hospital. The Hire Kit project has secured sponsors so that for all of the year 2009, each hire kit is heavily subsidised so that it only cost the hirer $30 (plus a refundable $40 bond) for the 7 week hire period.

Thanks to the other Board members (Stacey, Michelle M, Shar, and Leanne) for all their work to keep TNN Inc ticking along. Also to all the various Board members who have helped in the past but for one reason or another, are no longer able to be part of the Committee.

Finally, thanks to everyone's patience re the running of TNN Inc - we're learning as we go. Lots of hiccups along the way, big learning curve, but we can only be heading for one direction - and that is onwards and upwards!

Other Annual reports to come from: Stacey, Michelle M, Shar and Leanne.

Treasurer Report
Our financial year ends 31 March. The following is for financial year ending 31 March 2008. (YE 2009 will be reported at the next AGM before September this year.)
http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/Finan ... 200903.pdf
Financials approved by Stacey

Other Office Holder Reports

Secretary report

It is great to see the TNN forum growing, but also great to see all the behind the scenes of TNN Inc.

Having recently opened up for membership of TNN Inc, it is great to see so many joining, ready to continue the wonderful work already started.

The secretary position up to now has not involved a great deal of work, but when things need to be done, they have been done.

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone else involved and to also resign from the position of Secretary, due to other commitments. I wish the committee all the best.

forum admin report
TNN forum continues to grow rapidly. We currently have 2269 registered users,
with an average of 391.74 posts per day.
24 and a half new topics are posted every day, and we gain almost 10 new members per week.

Some recent additions to the forum have been:

Banner Advertising - We hope to keep advertising on the forum to a minimum,
and to keep a nice balance between good exposure for our advertisers,and unobtrusiveness for our members.
The hope is that banner advertising will completely cover our hosting fees for the forum and website.
So far, this is the case.

and

Ranks - we have introduced a new ranking system based on number of posts. This is the first step in redefining the
criteria for restricted sections.

Some of the most popular sections of the forum include the DIY section - especially the knitting section.
Off topic is as popular as ever, and another fairly recent addition - the 'eco friendly living' section has
proved very popular.

The 'pregnancy and birth announcements' section is obviously very popular, and in need of an overhaul.
This goes along with the changes planned for the restricted sections.

'Trading post' continues to be a popular, albeit contentious, area. Many of our new members find us through the
trading post - searching the net for MCN to buy. It is also a great alternative to TradeMe for MCN users, with no fees
and a much higher level of knowledge about the items sold. Most of our buyers and sellers are trustworthy and helpful
- BUT the trading post is unregulated, and is provided totally at the users own risk. Guidelines for buying and selling
are provided and reminders about the risks are given periodically.

Our 'Nappicinos' section is a wonderful part of our forum. This is where a lot of the real life networking takes place.
Local members can arrange to meet, and many areas have formed strong bonds through these meetups.

I would like to make special mention of our wonderful web hosts: web wide hosting http://web-wide-hosting.co.nz/
Our recent server move was technically difficult, but handled with minimum fuss. We now also have a much better set-up
that will allow for future growth. Since the change over we have had very few technical issues, and the few we have
had have been sorted out quickly and efficiently.

And, as always, many thanks to the forum Moderators: Darny, Dunners, Katriana, Pixeldust and Sphanges, for all the
wonderful work they do on the forum and behind the scenes.

Despite the rapidly growing membership, the forum ticks along well with few incidents requiring moderator intervention. Two new moderators were invited to join the team midway through 2008 to help share the load of covering so many active sections (we're a chatty bunch ). It has been a pleasure to work with such a lovely bunch of members, with us all watching out for each other.

On a practical note in terms of the role of Mods, we now have a private section on the forum dedicated to these discussions rather than the old method of sending emails back & forth.

We have needed to address a few issues in recent months;
- Introductions; there was a noted ambiguity in the requirement for an Introduction posted by new members. After discussion as Mods the policy surrounding Introductions to be posted by new members has been redefined, and a new thread with the expectations started on the forum.
- Advertising in the WAHM - What's New section
- Issues surrounding privacy and the restricted section

Some topics are still in discussion, new ones guaranteed to arise as the forum evolves over time.

Many thanks to my fellow Mods and to the core forum members for watching out for each other so well and making this a less-burdened-than-it-could-be role.
Election of new committee:

Clothconvert calls for nominations for an honoury auditor. Discussion over whether auditing is necessary or if too expensive. Group decides to have financials checked by an accountant.

Clause 13.3..."the Board shall consist of not fewer than 6 nor more than 15 Members elected or appointed..."

So the following are the positions that members have either been nominated for or self volunteered. (ref: http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/vi ... sc&start=0)

For clarity, can members please post here saying they second any one or more of the nominations. So simply state something like , "I, CC, second nomination of k8ylou/Claire as co-Chairpersons of TNN Inc."

Due to the nature of our online meeting, I'm going to make a call that as there are no two people contending for any of the roles, that being nominated and seconded deemed the person voted/appointed as the respective Board member. If however, any member wants to object the appointment of any of the members, you have the opportunity to PM me, in which case, I will then ask for a voting process for that person.

So the new Board nominated are:

Chairperson - K8ylou/Claire (job share) Kate Winn / Claire O'connor
seconded by CC

Secretary - K8ylou/ Claire (job share) (2nded) Kate Winn / Claire O'connor

Treasurer - Posh (2nded) Anastasia George

Spokesperson - Kaz (2nded) Karen Prisco

Community Liason - Karmiec (2nded)

Organiser of Demonstrations - Aidanasher (2nded)

Website - Stacey (2nded), Navarri/Katriana (in training) (2nded)

Forum Administrator - Stacey (2nded), Navarri/Katriana (in training) (2nded)

Designer - Heart (2nded)

Advertising - Callum's Godmother (2nded)

Hire Kits co-ordinator - Callum's Godmother (2nded)

K8ylou seconds people for positions of treasurer, spokesperson, community liason, organiser of demonstrations, website, forum admin, designer, advertising and hirekits coordinator

Karmiec seconds people for position of secretary, chairperson

New board elected.

Meeting closed: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:52 am

k8ylou
TNN nerd

Post by k8ylou » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:51 pm

REPORTS

Can officeholders please post their reports whenever they like.

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Present now.

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:07 pm

present

Advertising and HireKit coordination

The last year was a particularly busy year for me and unfortunately I neglected my duties as advertising coordinator. Audrey took over the role in October last year and I apologise that I handed it over in a mess.

I have continued to provide information to people about hire kits that are available.

Return to “The Nappy Network Inc AGM 2010”