RNW October 2010

karmiec
TNN oracle

RNW October 2010

Post by karmiec » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi All,

I'll get my A into G, and post some info from my perspective and suggestions as the TNN Inc Community Liason, but briefly we agreed to follow the Austrailian dates this year, gives us a bit more prep time and hopefully some better weather.

I had an idea that this year we focus a little on more education - I want to put together a talk of some sort aimed towards ECE centres (and/or nannies, in home carers). If I get some help and we make it up as a package you can customise would anyone be interested in dong something like this?

My idea is to hire my PC for an evening or to get the counsel to support us in hiring a venue, and do a demonstration of cloth nappy systems and also how they can set up systems to get cloth nappies into centres.

I'd love help of a designer to make up a "Real Nappies Welcome" type logo that we can "give" to centres for their website/newsletter/welcome pack or have signs/stickers made up, as part of that.

Let me know what you think, if you are interested, etc
Lisa

Kaz
TNN guru

Re: RNW October 2010

Post by Kaz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:34 pm

I think it's a great idea and happy to help where I can. Will get back later when I have kids in bed :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Just re-reading to see if I was clear in my haste

What I think would be great is if a few of us talk it through together, get some info and work out the speil and info needed and we can all take it to our respective areaa and customise it to fit locations and personality styles etc.. So a vague format and info and hopefully it's somethiing we could re-do in later years... and build on

(you know one day doing consultations for designing cloth friendly centres etc)
Lisa

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:15 am

My sister worked in a day care and said the reason they didn't allow cloth was that in some health regulation somewhere (not sure if it was a centre rule or govt. requirement) stated that cloth had to be changed every 2hrs and disposables every 4hrs, or something like that can't remember exact details. I'm not sure how we would go about checking this out and correcting any misinformation.

It may be worth contacting daycare centres to find out what their policies on cloth use are, some may have hopefully changed in recent times.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 am

I'm keen to be involved.

We have a good number of us here in Christchurch whom sew, I'm pretty sure we'd like to incorporate sewing nappy classes in here somehow.

Kaz, I'm wondering if it was just a scapegoat for those that can't be bothered to go there. There is a new Centre opening, I asked about cloth for Will and they're more than happy to keep doing what we're doing. (and the 2 Centres that Emily has been through were all happy to use cloth too). :twitch:
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Kaz wrote:My sister worked in a day care and said the reason they didn't allow cloth was that in some health regulation somewhere (not sure if it was a centre rule or govt. requirement) stated that cloth had to be changed every 2hrs and disposables every 4hrs, or something like that can't remember exact details. I'm not sure how we would go about checking this out and correcting any misinformation.

It may be worth contacting daycare centres to find out what their policies on cloth use are, some may have hopefully changed in recent times.
huh?? Thats wacko... I've read the ECE Regulations and haven't seen that... I wonder where they have got that from

At any rate some people do prefer their kids changed 2hrly in cloth so I guess if they are saying a change to routine is too hard then pooey to them.

And definitely I'd guage demand for the "seminar" before running it, I would hope to have an overall view of why people choose cloth how to support that decision by using it appropriately... also systems that might make things easier for the centre - eg: storage solutions, wetbags vs pails etc.
Lisa

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Happy to help where i can..
did some design work before bubs but Photoshop Indesign etc. are not on my mac anymore as i had to rebuild it not to long ago.. :(
however i can always download and use the trial version ;)

dizzyduck
TNN newbie

Post by dizzyduck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi there, I am also a Graphic Designer who would be happy to help if you need.

Amelia's Mummy
TNN nerd

Post by Amelia's Mummy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 am

I was just thinking to avoid any confusion between the TNN Nappy week and the International Real Nappy Week - perhaps a different name for the TNN needs to happen? Like the NZ Nappy Week. Just putting it out there as people are confused why there is two in NZ and this might make it easier.
~Louise - Busy business mumma to 2 girls with #3 due in June 2011~
Scamps Boutique
http://www.scamps.co.nz
Cloth Nappies, Baby Carriers, and more. Exclusive NZ Retailer for Cushie Tushies and Monk n Bear cloth nappies.

Mums to Be
http://www.mumstobe.net
Monthly give away for expectant parents

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Downunder Nappy Week, Australasia Nappy Week?
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

I think the slogan the Australians use is "Real Nappy Week Downunder"

If people didn't like the word Real because of brand association then maybe use 'cloth' instead?

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 pm

The offical austrailian line is

Reusable Nappy Week

and their theme for events is "environment"
Lisa

MsE
TNN nerd

Post by MsE » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm a graphic designer who can help too :wave: I freelance so have all the appropriate software.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

AWESOME!! I most definitely will be in contact with you both about helping this year!!
Lisa

MrsTwoTwo
TNN nerd

Post by MrsTwoTwo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Id be interested in this also for my area :)
Julia; mummy to a beautiful scruffy 7 year old
and my special 4yr old little man!!!
Ruby and Jade my two little Gemstones are now here!!
2x :angel: :(

Return to “Real Nappy Week 2010”