RNW Please see page 10 & 11

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Re: RNW 11-17 October - Auckland

Post by aidanasher » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 pm

karmiec wrote:
aidanasher wrote:Lisa, I was just thinking if it would be a good idea to sell some of our demo kit as part of the stash/restash?? Money is going towards new demo kits I assume?
Oh yes, if you can bring hte demo kits with you it would be great.
TNN can't sell the demo kit contents as we don't own them... We're discussing the refurbishment in the boardroom atm. Will let you know whats happening :D
yeah, will bring them there.
I'm aware that TNN couldn't sell them but I thought you were talking about contacting supplier and ask for their permission?? Must all be in my head :roll: :lol:

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Great idea re a FB page Heather 8-)

Just a note to whoever sets it up - rather than setting up a 'group', the message will get spread virally much more effectively if a 'business page' is set up (there's an option to mark business pages as non-profit). Page entries show on member's walls, where entries on a group are hidden in the background.

If retailers have business pages theirs can be added as favourites to the RNW expo page, and retailers can be asked to save the RNW expo page as a fav on their business page as well - cross-promotion.

If a blurb about the expo could be prepared for distribution to retailers by early September I'm sure most if not all would be happy to include in their newsletters to customers to help spread the word. If someone clever could make a button that can be added to retailers homepages and linked back to a page here with expo info I'm sure retailers would be happy to do that too. The info page could include reciprocal links back to participating retailers websites.

Tots to Teens has a what's on section - that's probably already on the advertising list. The deadline just needs to be checked to make sure information is submitted on time for the most appropriate publication of the mag.

Eventfinder is a good place to post up details of events too and free. There are heaps of forums that have opportunities to post events for free so if we share which other forums we're on maybe a coordinated effort could be made to post standard event content. I would be happy to post details at Mums on Top and Connect2mums.

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm

OK, so first planning meeting 3.30pm Sunday 20 June at Sam's place? I can bring Audrey and pick Lisa up on the way through.

It doesn't look like there is a lot of 'deciding' to do for the venue at this stage - its more a case of finding anywhere we can!!

Great idea about designing something for retailers to put on their pages Helen. I think that is one of the things we were lacking last year. Does anyone have the design skills to do this for us?

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:49 pm

rebeccal wrote:OK, so first planning meeting 3.30pm Sunday 20 June at Sam's place? I can bring Audrey and pick Lisa up on the way through.

It doesn't look like there is a lot of 'deciding' to do for the venue at this stage - its more a case of finding anywhere we can!!

Great idea about designing something for retailers to put on their pages Helen. I think that is one of the things we were lacking last year. Does anyone have the design skills to do this for us?
Im currently in the middle of designing my own webpage so i can see if i can make a bit of extra code to do this :)
Is there a commercial icon to use for the RNW or do we just make something ourselfs?

And yes :) Sunday 20-6 @ 3.30pm at my place.. ill make sure there is enough coffee and tea and some snacks there too...

Can someone post alist of the screen names so i can send everyone coming a PM with my address or shall i just post it on this thread?

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:55 pm

lunaty wrote:
And yes :) Sunday 20-6 @ 3.30pm at my place.. ill make sure there is enough coffee and tea and some snacks there too...

Can someone post alist of the screen names so i can send everyone coming a PM with my address or shall i just post it on this thread?

Best to PM attendees your address :wink:

ETA or even easier, just ask those attending to PM you to ask for your address :D

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 pm

Yep it could just be one or two cars so people can pm you for your addy.
I'll bring snacks too :D Any food issues pm me and I can do some allergy friendly baking
Lisa

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks for the FB tips!!
We did an event page last year but yes we need to gear it up a bit and learn how to use the machine.
Thinking of that we need to sort out the TNN facebook stuff properly at TNN Inc level... I'm watching the APing group to see how their meet ups go.

And we need to find a designer to do ALL the RNW stuff for us - we agreed at TNN Inc level to support our local centres and provide continuity by getting one volunteer to help us putting together posters (costomising dates, locations, blurbs)... and we need a general RNW October add to run on the forum areas where there currently are gaps... and... also on my list is to contact australia to see what design their 2010 RNW logo is like (see whether we use the same logo or mirror it in some way - eg: they had a washing line one year)
Lisa

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:56 am

LOL yes, people that are attending send me a PM for the address :thx:

My god, i have been awake most of th enight, i think Cole i starting to teeth.. :twitch:
And just as i said that he threw up his whole bottle down my dress :gaah:

This is gonna be one of those days :roll:

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:00 am

karmiec wrote:Yep it could just be one or two cars so people can pm you for your addy.
I'll bring snacks too :D Any food issues pm me and I can do some allergy friendly baking
Thanks for offering that! :mrgreen: Id bake but since ive had Cole it turns out to be a bit more challenging :rotfl:

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:44 am

lunaty wrote:
karmiec wrote:Yep it could just be one or two cars so people can pm you for your addy.
Thanks for offering that! :mrgreen: Id bake but since ive had Cole it turns out to be a bit more challenging :rotfl:
It gets easier again, you just need to be patient with 'helpers' :wink:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:47 pm

BUMP!!

I haven't made snacks yet... I'm hoping to get a ride with you other ladies if you don't mind... unless Liam goes utterly clingy tomorrow (as his brother is at Grans overnight he has been sensitive)

I'm out in the morning at Church... I'll be home by 1pm... if you need ot check my addy or change details can you txt me? 027 6960630
Lisa

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Lisa could you send me the PDF from last year and we'll have to compare notes..?
Ill update it and distribute it around... :)

Audrey, what day will suit you best to check out the venue ?

Rebecca, once we've had a look at the venue we'll be able to give you nr's on how many tables should fit and then id be greatfull if you could give me a list of retailers coming when you have them, so i can advertise them on the coming Facebook thing and stuff ;)

So for now we are definitely set on Welesley Centre- 9th of October from 9 till 4...

Wohoo let the organizing start! \:D/

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Post by aidanasher » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 pm

lunaty wrote:Audrey, what day will suit you best to check out the venue ?
between tuesday and thursday would b good.

lisa, is there a contact person?

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 pm

aidanasher wrote:
lunaty wrote:Audrey, what day will suit you best to check out the venue ?
between tuesday and thursday would b good.

lisa, is there a contact person?
Wednesday or Thursday is best for me :)

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:43 pm

have emailed the centre will bbs with answers :D
Lisa

Return to “Real Nappy Week 2010”