RNW Please see page 10 & 11

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Re: RNW 11-17 October - Auckland

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:52 pm

oh whew - well hopefully I'll be able to make the date then 8-)

Yeah doesn't hurt to start spreading the word and sharing the page now and add the logo later when its done ;) Maybe just put 'date to be confirmed', October 2010 or something like that until the date is sussed :)

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Done :) Thnx

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 pm

lunaty wrote:Done :) Thnx
8-)

Just noticed the word 'Expo' is missing from the description part on the left sidebar of the page. :wink:

I love that nappy in the current avatar!!

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Ahhh yes that might be handy considering it's not a whole week thing ROFL! Thank you ;)
And thank you for the compliment! I love that nappy too :D , it's one of my favorites!

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Post by waitakereCloth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am

can some one please let me know what the FB page link is?

Also, just following up on my post about someone contacting Cherub Tree re a stall at the Auckland expo, has that been actioned or are they already on the list of retailers to contact?
Cloth Nappy Education Centre
601 Te Atatu Rd, Te Atatu Peninsula
Open Tues/Thurs/Sat 9am - noon.
Ph: 836 8000 or DDI 834 9214.
Contact us for Hire Kits and/or visit us for nappy chats!
*** Used and new items available for sale now ***

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:49 am

Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Post by waitakereCloth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:04 am

Thank you Makana

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:32 am

Hi People is this still going through now>? It's running very close for advertising namely..

Lisa are you still ok organizing this have you got to much on your shoulders for now?

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Post by waitakereCloth » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:49 am

is anything happening? WCC hasn't heard anything...we'd be very interested in having a stall so we'd like to get organised if this is happening.
Cheers.

weegee
TNN nerd

Post by weegee » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 am

Is there anything I can do to help? I didn't go to the planning meeting (meetings?) but willing to put my hand up to do whatever needs to be done. Has the venue been booked? I haven't even seen a confirmed date...
Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Im not sure what will happen to be honest..

I have not hear da thing to confirm any dates yet and it's im afraid to late now to get all the advertising out in magazines and other spaces.. :gaah:
To be honest we may even have to scoot up the deadline to a later date if we are gonna get this to work!

I hope Lisa is okay as i have not seen her post in a while?!

Is anyone in contact with her?

Edited to add:
Also if Lisa is unable to do this, is anyone else willing to be head organizer? I am not that great in organizing the whole thing namely (ive never done anything like this before!) but ill do my best to assist in any way..

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Ok no I'm so totally over this it's not funny. We've only ever had one available date/time, no other options for venues suitable for the expo... and everytime I look in the thread its someone asking when it is, or saying they haven't done anything yet.

Saturday 9th of October was what we had penciled in with the community centre.

But if we haven't got any bookings from retailers etc we can't do it in this time frame.

I highly recomend that we organise a casual event, rather than an expo at a smaller local venue with small stalls from those wanting to exhibit and maybe a door prize... Something like a coffee and cake morning... demo kits, small number of retailers, and some static displays... basically an open nappacino but send invites to plunket groups, antenatal classes etc.

My head is just not in the right space to hold everyones hand through this, sorry.
Lisa

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

karmiec wrote:Ok no I'm so totally over this it's not funny. We've only ever had one available date/time, no other options for venues suitable for the expo... and everytime I look in the thread its someone asking when it is, or saying they haven't done anything yet.

Saturday 9th of October was what we had penciled in with the community centre.

But if we haven't got any bookings from retailers etc we can't do it in this time frame.

I highly recomend that we organise a casual event, rather than an expo at a smaller local venue with small stalls from those wanting to exhibit and maybe a door prize... Something like a coffee and cake morning... demo kits, small number of retailers, and some static displays... basically an open nappacino but send invites to plunket groups, antenatal classes etc.

My head is just not in the right space to hold everyones hand through this, sorry.
I know the date ist's just that the payment gor never confirmed (or not by my knowledge) and I cant really advertise somethign that is not set can I?

There have been at least a couple of retailers that have expressed their interest (me included) I think i send an email to Rebecca about this too.

Im up for a casual event, it will make it a lot less complicated too, however, if you are not wanting to "holding our hand" then i suggest we find someone else who would like to do so..?! It's not a big deal but it will make things easier if we have someone that is willing to be patient and explain as i am no pro at this and i dont think anyone else is really to clued on or an event manager...

There is no reason to get so upset about it 8-[

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 pm

I think you have done a wonderful job, it's just I don't have time or headspace to answer everyones questions and do the nagging to make sure things are done.. in two weeks :shock:

There is a thread where I had put up instructions / guidelines for organsing an event like the expo
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=73627

To do something smaller,
Find a venue at a reasonable cost... maybe somewhere like a playcentre or hall? PM Amethyst (Paula, TNN Treasurer) and ask for a cheque to pay the booking fee... Put it up on Facebook, Email plunket, fax antenatal classes, go on TMe message boards, coffeegroup etc... Email a few retailers ask for a sponsorship donation in return for time to do a demonstration or have a stall. Find someone who can get coffee, milk, sugar, tea, juice (eg: someone with a gilmours card who can buy it cheap!!)... invite people to bake a cake or cupcakes... something like that.
Lisa

lunaty
TNN addict

Post by lunaty » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

Allright...

So everyone that is in to have a smaller casual even.. (ie maybe in the browns bay hall next to the library somewhere else?!) can you please comment on this thread? Otherwise we will have to blow the whole thing off...

In the end we'll have to ask Paula is she is interested to do this somewhere else and not as massive?

Or we can ask the retailers interested in putting their products out to contribute to the rental costs.. but well need someone to contact them as well as probably a new date as the 9th is cutting it to close now.

Just my 2c :)

Im gonna rename the group and see if i can find the local Auckland retailerson facebook and invite them.. that way we can have a discussion on there about dates without cramming this thread..

Return to “Real Nappy Week 2010”