Repair/oversnap on Pop-in napppy

Black Friday
TNN addict

Repair/oversnap on Pop-in napppy

Post by Black Friday » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

Hi all,

Hoping someone here may have encountered this one before....
I have a bunch of Pop-in nappies - that we love :D . They get used every night and we have had no leaks. The problem is... some of the snaps don't seem to be "squashed" enough and don't grip each other properly, both on the shell and on one of the soakers. Of course they are not standard Kam snaps which is the only die/press I have. Any idea where I can get a die to resnap them or another method of squishing the centre post a bit more so they work properly - without wrecking the nappy?

I know I could oversnap and remove the snaps and replace with regular size 20 snaps but I really can't be bothered unpicking the seams to get at the snaps and replacing them all. There is the added difficulty that if I go ahead and do this, any extra soaker sets I buy later would also have to be altered as well and seems like it would be a silly idea.

Help?

Dunners
TNN oracle

Re: Repair/oversnap on Pop-in napppy

Post by Dunners » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:39 am

What brand are they? I know that the Little Buttons ones were KAM snaps as I bought some off her when she was closing down. I'm really out of touch with brands available these days 8-[
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Black Friday
TNN addict

Post by Black Friday » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Oops sorry should have mentioned the brand is: Close Parent Pop-ins. I'll try and take a photo of the snaps later. They sure aren't any that I recognise - although I had fun hunting around the Kam snap website. I've hidden the credit card for now but am sure I will be visiting later.

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:56 pm

They sound like the snaps Gro via has too. I'd contact the manufacturer if I was you and they may suggest a way to get them fixed.
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Black Friday
TNN addict

Post by Black Friday » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Just in case anyone has to refer back to this later. Yep, they are the same kind as on a Grovia. I got in touch with the distributor in Aussie (they suggested contacting Greenbeans :smt044 but they do Kam snaps and I already have erm a few (boxes and boxes) of those, and they aren't the right kind. Got in touch with the main parent company in the UK, they didn't get back to me for a while but then rang and were really apologetic for not getting back to me sooner. They offered to swap my faulties for replacements (even though I bought them as seconds due to marks for $8 lol). I declined, but thought it was an incredibly generous offer. So I then decided to try and MacGyver a fix - turns out you can GENTLY press the socket side with a size 20 Kam snaps die. It makes a bit of a disturbing creaky noise but does press the centre part of the prong down more. So the upside is that they are now FIXED \:D/ .

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Neat 8-) I'd ment to come back and suggest you try a punch tool and just flatten the prong more. glad you got them sorted!
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Mrsgoat1+2
TNN convert

Post by Mrsgoat1+2 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi - I've got the same prob with just one snap on one of my pop ins - its 'snappy' enough for the insert to attach but even the gentlest movement seems to unsnap it - probably should just go back to the company that I bought it from, but seems silly for just one snap.

Return to “Snaps and presses”