Glueing microfleece

cj
TNN guru

Glueing microfleece

Post by cj » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 am

DS2 is having a superhero party next week and I'm going to set the kids a cape making activity, where they can cut shapes or whatever they want and glue it onto a cape. I have loads of microfleece in my stash so that is what I am making the capes from, as it won't fray or require any sewing, all I need to do is put a snap on the front.
Is there a special glue that will stick fabric and wash ok?
Would you let them cut up microfleece scraps, or would felt be much easier for them (would require me to spend some money though!)?
I was thinking felt for masks, unless the $2 shop has some ready cut.
You know who I am! Mum to DS1(7), DS2(6), DD(6), DS3(5).

Kaz
TNN guru

Re: Glueing microfleece

Post by Kaz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Kutwells has felt $6/m

Can't think of any glue, but you could use that iron on stuff to stick shapes on. At least you wouldn't have t wait for glue to dry. It was cheaper at Stitch on Colombo St last time I got some.
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Anthea
TNN nerd

Post by Anthea » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:02 pm

the microflece may melt if you use iorn on stuff? i know felt will if you have the iorn too hot.

if probably buy coloured stiky backed felt. spotty has it in various colours. you'd only need a square per kid - and it would be easier for them to draw on the backing paper and cut it out.

i think glue would be messy, and you'd probably end un with fabric all bunched up and yuck anyway.

cj
TNN guru

Post by cj » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I think I'll buy the sticky on stuff, will go and have a look, thank you, sounds simplest, and its a very small exclusive party so I won't need many sheets :D

cj
TNN guru

Post by cj » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 am

does anyone know if Lincraft sells the stick on felt? Just planning my day tomorrow and hoping to stay on one side of town :D

Return to “DIY everything else”