Outrageous Pads by Stacey

Mama-to-many
TNN nerd

Post by Mama-to-many » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:23 pm

I just got some seconds from Stacey in the Jan Swapsies - who knows what her firsts are like - THESE ARE FANTASTIC. (I'm wearing them today just to see what they're like - hardly need to being preggers 'n all!!!!!) They are sooooooooooooooooo cool. One comment though - be prepared for the neighbours to ask questions when you hang them on the line. My FB ones look very inconspicuous sitting next to Rosie's BKT boosters - Stacey's ones SCREAM OUTRAGEOUS!!! :lol:
Off to Greenbeans to buy up large once I've caught up with our 87 emails :shock: (not bad for a week away I thought)

BTW Greenbeans was the first place I went online when we got back and I'd opened Stacey's parcel - just had to check the ones I like were still in stock - so don't anyone go buying anything today!
Rachael
who pops onto TNN when Flower tells her to!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;46;15/st/19940925/e/I+started+changing+naps/dt/16/k/7b00/event.png[/img]
[/url]

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:20 pm

I got some of staceys seconds too :D :D
And just in time to try them out....
this may be TMI but i only normally use pads overnight(due to wearing g strings)but had to try these out during the day and they are COOOL!!!
I find they scrunch a little though(although you get that with disposable pads anyway) they are sooo much more comfier too!!
YAY stacey AWESOME!!!!

Chaucey
TNN nerd

Post by Chaucey » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:58 am

I bought some of these a couple of weeks back and I think they are great!

They do seem to stay put pretty well. Rinsing them out and washing was easier than I thought too. I was amazed at their ability to contain liquid without leaking through. That PUL stuff is great.

I've been trying some of Stacey's outrageous pads, and I also purchased a different style pad from Breastmates (kind of all-in-one). I like both. :D

The only thing is now I'm going to try to get pregnant, just when I discovered these fab products! :?

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am

i purchased one from frances too....is it the one with blue microfleece on the outside??Thats the one i got and its great tooo but id definately only use that ne at night,it is quite a bit thicker than staceys :)

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Floyd » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:01 pm

aylasmummy wrote:this may be TMI but i only normally use pads overnight(due to wearing g strings)

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one aylasmummy!

This came up in a thread I started a while back. I hereby volunteer myself as test pilot for any WAHM who wants to try a gstring mama pad, really light absorbency for day wear (back up for tampon/menstrual cup or on very very light days). Should only take a small adjustment to the current pattern for someone with some technical expertise. The disposable ones I use have "wings" with them, so if those wings had a snap, I'm sure it would work. I tried googling to see if anyone made some already, but some very unsavoury sites came up...don't think I'll be trying that again.

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:06 pm

yep call me a guinea pig too :smt023 i was going mad having to wear giant post-partum pads uurggghhh :blue:
:star:

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:26 pm

Up until now, I have only owned Outrageous liners so couldn't really review performance...

I recently begged Stacey to make me a custom order (you guys absolutely have to see the pics when I post them - trust me you don't wanna miss them!)...I finally got to put the pads to the test yesterday. When using disposable pads, I normally need to change the super pads once during the night. Last night the one Ourageous heavy pad (hemp inner) did the job - when I woke up this morning, I was stoked to find the bedsheet, pj pants and knickers all blood free!

Now I just have to wait for the rest of my order to arrive then I can post pics :-)

AngeB
TNN convert

Post by AngeB » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:20 pm

I am loving my outrageous pads, I got some just after AF returned and they are wonderful. I mainly use them overnight and if I can't be bothered with the mooncup...

I used a disposable pad last month as I don't really have enough at the moment and it felt sticky and sweaty and horrible.

The only quibble I have is that unless I am wearing really close fitting knickers they to move around a bit and sometimes the pad scrunches up. This happens with disposables as well too but it sometimes means I have to change the PUL as well as the pad more often. Of course it is an excuse to buy new underwear!

Stacy - are you going to be making any pads as a AIO? Maybe with all the absorbancy still through the middle and then with the inner part attached to the wings of the PUL. Does that make sense?
AngeB
D - Sept 05
C - Dec 07
A - Feb 10
I - Feb 12
Un-domestic goddess

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:29 pm

AngeB wrote:I
The only quibble I have is that unless I am wearing really close fitting knickers they to move around a bit and sometimes the pad scrunches up. This happens with disposables as well too but it sometimes means I have to change the PUL as well as the pad more often. Of course it is an excuse to buy new underwear!

thats what i find too (with the MOE ones as well) i wonder if you could designate some undies to be AF undies and put snaps in them at where each end of the pad would be, and then snap the pads onto the undies as well as around them. i find the whole top half folds under.

still love them tho
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

AngeB
TNN convert

Post by AngeB » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:03 pm

That is an awesome idea but I am seriously sewing impaired, I mean seriously, I can barely sew on a button. Snaps scare me completely!

I might just find some nice close fitting undies and go with that. I need some new ones anyway, haven't bought any since DS was born and that was like a year ago...
AngeB
D - Sept 05
C - Dec 07
A - Feb 10
I - Feb 12
Un-domestic goddess

Paws
TNN guru

Post by Paws » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:09 am

I just have to say that I love my Outrageous Pads!

I find that they are easy to use, very comfy, good absorbancy and fast drying. I also find they are a really good length though it would be cool to see some longer ones for night time use. But even so I find them just fine.

The colours and designs are fabulous and I can't help but show them off! At least it's getting others interested. :D

The only time I find they slip at all is if I try wearing them with boy leg cut knickers, otherwise I have no problems at all.

My only complaint is that they sell out so fast!!

Kieransmum
TNN guru

Post by Kieransmum » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:32 pm

I was the lucky recipient of some Outrageous Pads (liners) through the Downunder Nappy Hunt last year. I've just had the opportunity to try them (Grrr AF returned after only 12 weeks) and must say that they are nice and comfy! The workmanship is first class and the patterns are pretty groovy, but you guys would know that anyway ...

Sue

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:13 pm

Argh! Aunt Flo is rearing her head again (baby's only 11 weeks old!) and I need some of these - everything on Greenbeans is sold out - where else can I get them???
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:20 pm

I think you just have to keep an eye on Greenbeans as they are re-stocked each month. Check with Sarah as you may be able to pre-order but I'm not sure.
Mum of 6

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 pm

Just bumping this up - Can anyone review the new microfleece topped Easy pads?? Would love to know what everyone thinks - Does it work the same as an MCN?
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

Return to “Everything else”