Dulce and Zoet Slings

FionaS

Dulce and Zoet Slings

Post by FionaS » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm

Any comments about these?

I am considering getting one as Elle (just under 9Kgs) loves to be carried on my hip but it's a pain to only have 1 arm free. I am looking for something that isn't too confining as she hates our frontpack, can be used to support her on my hip AND will be suitable for a newborn (no newborn on the way yet but hoping there will be one day).

I love the look & fabrics of the Dulce & Zoet and it seemed really comfe when I tried one at the P&C show.

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:45 pm

i loved my D&Z sling, i only sold it because it got too small :oops: but it was perfect for my wee baby, i never tried it on my older girl, but ive only heard good things about them, i have a nelly sling too and its just lovely and easy to use once you get the hang of it
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:47 pm

She is the same ages as my Bob and he loves the pouch.. go for it!

jessie78
TNN nerd

Re: Dulce and Zoet Slings

Post by jessie78 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm

FionaS wrote:Any comments about these?

I am considering getting one as Elle (just under 9Kgs) loves to be carried on my hip but it's a pain to only have 1 arm free. I am looking for something that isn't too confining as she hates our frontpack, can be used to support her on my hip AND will be suitable for a newborn (no newborn on the way yet but hoping there will be one day).

I love the look & fabrics of the Dulce & Zoet and it seemed really comfe when I tried one at the P&C show.

Sounds like you really like them! Go for it, they're gorgeous and comfy. You know you can shuffle older kids around onto the back as well, if you need to do stuff at the front?
Ring slings are great too, quite versatile and do a fantastic tummy-to-tummy which is much more snug than in a pouch. :)
Jessica, mum to
Xander - 12
Emily - 10
Darien stillborn 16/6/08
Lorelai - 8

www.SLINGBABIES.co.nz

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:43 pm

This is another carrier I own :oops:

I especially like it for keeping in my handbag as it is so small, if izzy starts fussing or escaping I pop her in there - I'm just getting used to putting her on my back too but she is still a bit wriggly for my liking.

They have such beautiful colours (ooh I want their new pink/orange with denim one :wink: )
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:25 pm

I really like my D&Z sling too, although I find I can't wear it for too long (half an hour tops). Not sure if it's because I'm not getting it right, but still a good all purpose carrier and so easy to take everywhere.

Fiona, I have the felila pattern in medium (I have two slings :oops:) and if that is the size that would fit you, I'm happy to send it up as a loan for you to try before you buy.

GrowingBump
TNN nerd

Post by GrowingBump » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:32 pm

I love love love my D&Z sling for my 8kg DD2 :) I use it for grocery shopping, taking DD1 to music, just out and about - can bf in it, put her to sleep in it, carry her asleep in it and I find it really simple to use and quick to get her in and out of. I say go for it :wink:

It doesn't totally give you both arms free, but pretty close...
DD1 born Nov 05
DD2 born May 07
DD3 born Apr 09

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:38 pm

I have just got one made by a lovely tnner which is the same as D&G as our new place has lots of steps up and it will be easier with P. Also, she loves to be held on my hip and not liking the Ergo at the moment so thats another reason. She is 21 months now (but weighs not much :wink: ) so i say go for it, you will get use out of it - and then when a newborn enters your family it will be great also.

FionaS

Post by FionaS » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:46 pm

Mazz wrote:I really like my D&Z sling too, although I find I can't wear it for too long (half an hour tops). Not sure if it's because I'm not getting it right, but still a good all purpose carrier and so easy to take everywhere.

Fiona, I have the felila pattern in medium (I have two slings :oops:) and if that is the size that would fit you, I'm happy to send it up as a loan for you to try before you buy.

Thanks so much for the kind offer but I'm need an XS. I think I will go ahead...providing DH agrees.

Lisa
TNN nutter

Post by Lisa » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 am

Last edited by Lisa on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sling library available in Christchurch for free fittings and advice. PM me for details.

snoopy
TNN nerd

Post by snoopy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Mine arrived today!!! WOW!! can't believe how quickly it got here!! I love it!! ok so I can't actually try it with a baby, and was tempted to grab the cat, but its just fab. I think it was on correctly, it seemed very easy, and I love love love the colour - went for the delfina from Snazzipants. So funky!! And it comes in the coolest little bag!!

Thumbs up!!
Tash
Mum to Nathan 15-5-5
7lb 5oz and
Catherine 25-01-08
7lb 3oz

Return to “Everything else”