real nappy week 08??

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:11 pm

bumpity bump for Stacey (or sphanges?) to move this thread to RNW section. (Someone who sees Stacey may have to pass on this request to her as I have PM'd her last week to start a new section and move this but she may not have seen the PM?)

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Ok I've got some t-shirt quotes (mates rates too :wink: )

Adult t-shirt , 2 colours - $4 (for about 100)
More colours = more cost
More t-shirts = less cost

I was admiring one of his new prints today that changes colour outside, pale cream sparkles inside to blue, pink or whatever outside - really cute, I thought that if we did children's t-shirts we could use this new ink - not much more in cost especially if we use it only on the kids t-shirts.

I thought we could charge $10 (is this too much?) a t-shirt for adults and kids ones, with profits going to TNN and also covering the cost of freebie t-shirt for competitions, give-aways etc run around the country. (Say 10 t-shirts going to each event runner around the country to give-away).

If we organise it now, t-shirts printed in Jan, sell on TNN (& TM?) in Feb, close and posted by March so everyone has the t-shirts for RNW in April.

Should I set up a thread to check interest? Price? etc, a mini survey so to speak. What does everyone think? Should I continue with this?
Ella (Aug 03), Lottie (May 06) and ......

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://bd.lilypie.com/nmqOp12/.png[/img][/url]

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:26 pm

Oh forgot to add he can't do billboards but he knows a man that can - mates rates again :D I'll have to forward him the info though, sorting this one out will probably happen after Christmas.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:46 am

That's great prices. Are you saying that includes the tee-shirt as well as the printing? :shock: :D I personally think $10 is a good retail price for them.

What questions did you plan on polling for? It seems so hard to get a consensus on tee-shirts (in particular) on here - I think you would be better to PM ClothConvert with your ideas and find out what the committee have in mind first so you're only polling on negotiable details. However, I'm still not sure how to get official approval for anything yet (or a response out of the committee for that matter :roll: ).

There are a number of polls on TNN on adult tee-shirts and in every one the instigator has given up with raised hands. Everybody seems to have different criteria of what they will only wear in a tee-shirt (size, colour, shape etc, etc.) and seem uninterested if their choice is unavailable.

Hence my suggestions outlined in my previous post - although two print colours would be a vast improvement on one.

PS: There has been some interest in shopping bags (I have yet to look into style options) but could you possibly, please, get a price on the printing in two colours (if we supply the bags and/or could your BIL get bags in?).
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:45 am

Hi Netty

Yup prices include t-shirt & printing :D

An alternative is getting in children's t-shirts so people can have a look, I think they would be more popular than adult t-shirts anyway, less of an outlay to as there would be fewer sizes. If they sell well we can get in adult t-shirts later. I wonder if the logo goddess would produce a logo just for t-shirts *hint, hint* :wink:

My BIL is away until after NY now so we'll have to wait and see if he can do bags. So this is all on hold until he gets back. I'll update the thread when he returns :D

mummyjems
TNN nerd

Post by mummyjems » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi again, sorry if this seems rather naive but I would love to know what the point of RNW is and what is actually involved in the running of it...like what is the idea for each area/town/city? TIA
Jems
Happily married to Tim since 2002, Mum to Caleb (June '04), Caitlin (December '06)

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Real Nappy Week is to promote cloth nappies to the wider public... and so that the nappy nerds can have fun!

As far as it has been done in the past, each city has sort of gathered together a "committee" and decided what events to organise. Some cities go off more than others... :wink:

Does that answer stuff?
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

mummyjems
TNN nerd

Post by mummyjems » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 pm

Sweet as, pretty much what I imagined but wasn't sure and didn't want to assume anything!!!
So, does anything happen in Te Awamutu?! :wink:
Jems
Happily married to Tim since 2002, Mum to Caleb (June '04), Caitlin (December '06)

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Well, it will if you make it happen!! Start a thread 8-)
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

mumtotwo
TNN oracle

Post by mumtotwo » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:04 pm

Hi mygirls,i would be interested in buyibg a t-shirt for my little boy and one for myself and my daughter , i could always alter them to fit if the style wasn't what i liked ( too baggy for instance ) a real fantasy would be a breastfeeding style t with the logo ........
Mum to my two gorgeous and sometimes headache inducing children
Mara 21/02/96
Ashley 27/03/06

Image Image

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:29 am

Is there are thread with the committe members etc for regions on it so people who want to help can contact them???
Lisa

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:32 am

Hi mygirls,

Yes, my suggestion on page one of this thread was to do children's tee-shirts - just saves a heap of hassles IMO and they are the ones who are wearing what we're trying to promote (so actually baby/toddler tee-shirts more to the point).

We still need to know if there is going to be a theme (I still really like my suggestion :oops: ) or if the committee would just want the logo on the tee-shirts. So now would be a good time to find out what is actually wanted before your BIL gets back.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:38 pm

karmiec wrote:Is there are thread with the committe members etc for regions on it so people who want to help can contact them???

I'd like to know too as I'm keen to lend a hand if needed.

Karmiec maybe we should start an Auckland thread . . . :wink:

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:22 pm

It was great to see RNW in the Welly papers in the "recap of 2007" as a March event!

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Post by LemonNZ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:11 am

ClothConvert wrote:oh look, i just went to the website and saw that there's a date set!!!!!!
Thank you so much for the reminder 0ebuny!

It's the week of 21-28 April 2008

http://www.wen.org.uk/nappies/index.htm

Can I ask why we are following WEN when last year we worked along side Oz Real Nappy Downunder?

Do you realise Australia are moving it to October to me nicer weather for outdoor stalls and not to clash with holidays like Easter????

Just my 2c worth.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”