RNW T-Shirts

mygirls
TNN nerd

RNW T-Shirts

Post by mygirls » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:41 pm

Well there seems to be a bit of interest in these, so I'm going to do a quick survey. I would really appreciate as much feed back as possible so I can hopefully make as many people happy as possible. One thing I'm not sure of what are we promoting? RNW or TNN or both? Should we be making a profit on these which goes to TNN or should I just sell at cost? (Because lets face it, we're all feeling poor after Christmas :lol: )

1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself?
2 - If so how much would you pay for an adult t-shirt?
3 - Would you buy a t-shirt for your children?
4 - What sizes would you buy?
5 - How much would you pay for a children's t-shirt?

Please add your genius ideas.

Also, I was thinking of running a caption competition, the winner gets the caption printed on the t-shirt and a free t-shirt :D

What are your thoughts?
Ella (Aug 03), Lottie (May 06) and ......

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://bd.lilypie.com/nmqOp12/.png[/img][/url]

Mel
TNN guru

Re: RNW T-Shirts

Post by Mel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 pm

1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself? Yeap
2 - If so how much would you pay for an adult t-shirt? oh umm $20-30ish depends on what fabric Im buying
3 - Would you buy a t-shirt for your children? Yes
4 - What sizes would you buy? Child sizes?? size2, Adult umm not saying in public :wink:
5 - How much would you pay for a children's t-shirt? $15-20ish

For an Adult t I wouldnt buy a cheesy slogan one just a plain RNW 08 www.thenappy....org.nz with the logo would do the job kwim

but the kiddies t anything goes :wink:

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:53 pm

mygirls wrote:1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself?

Please add your genius ideas.

Also, I was thinking of running a caption competition, the winner gets the caption printed on the t-shirt and a free t-shirt :D

What are your thoughts?

1. Would depend on price and colours and sizes available
2. $12 maximum
3. definately
4. size 2 & 3XL :oops:
5. $12 maximum for a good quality tee-shirt (that's how much the kindy fundraiser tees were for a smaller group and nice tees)

How would a winner for the caption competition be decided?

Good on you for taking this to the next level, you're a brave soul, hope it all goes well for you :D
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

Megan
TNN guru

Post by Megan » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:55 pm

1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself? Yes
2 - If so how much would you pay for an adult t-shirt? $20-$25
3 - Would you buy a t-shirt for your children? Yes
4 - What sizes would you buy? Um, larger than I'd like for me :oops: , I guess a large? depends if fitted or baggy. Size 1 for DS
5 - How much would you pay for a children's t-shirt? $15-$20

Paws
TNN guru

Post by Paws » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:44 am

1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself? Depends on style and logo,colours etc but more than likely
2 - If so how much would you pay for an adult t-shirt? $20-$30
3 - Would you buy a t-shirt for your children? yes
4 - What sizes would you buy? Medium for me and size 1 for Miss M
5 - How much would you pay for a children's t-shirt? $15-$20

I'd personally like to see the option of fitted or V neck T's etc as well as the normal T but I imagine that could be pricey...just an idea though.

sphanges
TNN nerd

Post by sphanges » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:04 am

Stuff like this has come up before and caused a bit of strife. If you plan on using any TNN logos then you'll need to talk to the committee for permission before going ahead with them, and any other logos from any other organisations you want to use would also have to be cleared by those organisations.

I think what you're doing is great :) but remember.. you can't do tnn tshirts without permission.. you're better to consult before planning it all out (unlike the debacles in the past).. and if you're not doing TNN stuff and just making your own design then no probs and I look forward to seeing them :)

B
Ben 11/11/03
Rose 20/10/06
:star: "Sparky" :star:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:47 am

Maybe, I'm not really into advertising shirts (even for a good cause) It would need to be fairly plain... ie: tnn logo, real nappy slogan or logo

Depending on type probibly about $20 atm

Probibly

Depends on timing, XL would probibly cover bump, S or M later. Childrens T-shirt would be a baby size and a toddler size. If it was for RNW which I think is in winter i would look at 0-6mo and 3... If it was more generic I would get them for summer instead and get size 1 and 3.

$15

Ok my thoughts on this is a T-shirt with a really good slogan about cloth is probibly the easiest option. A RNW 08 T-shirt would date so timing and sizing (particularly childrens sizing) would be really crucial . ie: if I have a nb I need a 000 or nb t=shirt for baby if the sizing runs large or small it might not fit for RNW and not get worn.

I'm almost tempted to say if the committee is too difficult to please: don't bother putting TNN on the T-shirts at all. As much as I would love kids T-shirts with the TNN baby on them, a T-shirt witha good slogan will do the job just as well.
Lisa

sphanges
TNN nerd

Post by sphanges » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:29 am

The committee won't be difficult to please, I'm sure :) It's just you wouldn't stick a snazzi or FB logo on a t-shirt without talking to them first.. same kind of thing here.

B
Ben 11/11/03
Rose 20/10/06
:star: "Sparky" :star:

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 am

I'd buy an adult and a kids T.

Cost, not too sure.

Adult T shirt. I'd love to have the TNN logo and website address- great advertising when running an event and would distiguish TNN members.

Kids T shirt, I like the slogan CLOTH NAPPIES DOWN UNDER! and maybe an arrow pointing down and then the website address (which is probably too long for a kids T)

Kids size 6-12months
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

growingclothie
TNN oracle

Post by growingclothie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:09 am

1 - Would you buy a t-shirt for yourself? yes, preferrably just a TNN one as then it wont get outdated and we could use them to spot each other at events etc. Wearing TNN t-shirts would still promote the purpose of RNW. Would prefer on a black or coloured t-shirt not white and ultimately a semi-fitted v neck type t-shirt rather than just plain

2 - If so how much would you pay for an adult t-shirt? maybe $20

3 - Would you buy a t-shirt for your children? yes

4 - What sizes would you buy? 00 or 0

5 - How much would you pay for a children's t-shirt? $10-$15
Bec

Home educating mum to precious blessings:
*MissW (stillborn Jan'04)
*MasterZ (11yrs old, born Jan'04)
*MasterH (7yrs old, born Sept'07)
*MissK (4yrs old, born Nov'10)
*MissF (2yrs old, born July'13)

Visit me on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SteppingInWater

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 am

No. Not a big t-shirt wearer and already have too many free ones from events and stuff like this that I don't wear often.

N/A

Yes, definitely. I would also consider buying some for friends' kids who are trying cloth (babies yet to be born).

1yr - 18 months for DD
NB sizes for new baby and friends' babies

$15 or less :)

I wouldn't mind either way if it had the TNN logo on or not - I mean, it would be cool to have the TNN baby on it somewhere, but if it didn't I wouldn't be put off buying it. I would think a t-shirt for kids would be much easier to do in terms of sizing and style of t-shirt to please most people. Maybe offer a different sort of promo item for adults that is smaller and cheaper - a cool button or bandana/scarf type thing, or hat? Then dads and mums can get them, you don't have to worry about sizes or styles and people can wear them how they want. Or even a baby sling! That's getting a bit out there expense-wise though, and not everyone would go for a sling.
Ooh! What about getting a funky adults underwear company like thunderpants to do a RNW/TNN branded pair of undies for adults? :lol: Now I'm getting silly. But it would crack me up to see something like that on a stand and I'd buy them!
It would be good to see some profits going to TNN but I think it would depend on how much that made the t-shirts. If you can do a small mark up for that cause and they are still $15 or less, then great. If they are more than that, I'd stick to the wholesale price and concentrate on getting awareness out there this first year. Getting it to take off and become popular is the key to begin with, fundraising can come in later years.

I really like the caption competition idea, I think it would work best for the kids t-shirt rather than the adults one, if you do one.

Best of luck with the t-shirt organising!

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 am

An Open Letter To The Committee:

Dear TNN Committee,

Currently I am in the planning stage for t-shirts to promote RNW08 as many members have requested them.

Please refer to my first post where I ask if these t-shirts are to be promoting TNN and RNW or just RNW. We would love to see the committee get behind this fundraiser and allow us to use the TNN logo on the t-shirts.

Once the planning and consultation step has been completed I am happy to get a selection of t-shirts, prints, designs and slogans (with prices) together and hold a meeting in my home. This meeting will be for TNN Committee members to give the t-shirts the TNN "seal of approval" allowing me to take it to the next step - printing. This meeting could also be a starting point for the final step - sales and marketing. (It will also be open to anyone who is interested)

If TNN feels unable to continue with this venture I hope you do not mind me using the TNN forums for consultations to complete this project with profits then being donated to Aria.

I look forward to receiving your reply.
Sarah :D

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:14 am

Mazz wrote:Ooh! What about getting a funky adults underwear company like thunderpants to do a RNW/TNN branded pair of undies for adults? :lol:

Ohhhhhh now there is a genius idea :D I'm not sure if I can get Thunderpants but we could have our own TNN version (except they would only be a fundraiser not a marketing tool unless your willing to walk around with just your knickers on :wink: )

Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:23 am

mygirls wrote:
Mazz wrote:Ooh! What about getting a funky adults underwear company like thunderpants to do a RNW/TNN branded pair of undies for adults? :lol:

Ohhhhhh now there is a genius idea :D I'm not sure if I can get Thunderpants but we could have our own TNN version (except they would only be a fundraiser not a marketing tool unless your willing to walk around with just your knickers on :wink: )

Heh heh - maybe we can convince a famous model with kids to walk around one of the RNW stands in the undies. Now that would get attention! :lol: :wink:

Or we can go all low rider and have our undies poking out the top of our pants, aka calvin klein.
But yes, probably more of a fundraiser idea than a marketing tool! :lol:

growingclothie
TNN oracle

Post by growingclothie » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 am

Mazz wrote:Or we can go all low rider and have our undies poking out the top of our pants, aka calvin klein.

No fair... I just choked on my morning tea laughing at that comment! :lol:
Bec

Home educating mum to precious blessings:
*MissW (stillborn Jan'04)
*MasterZ (11yrs old, born Jan'04)
*MasterH (7yrs old, born Sept'07)
*MissK (4yrs old, born Nov'10)
*MissF (2yrs old, born July'13)

Visit me on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/projects/SteppingInWater

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”