Post by Ethan's Mum » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:44 am

sb wrote:
Retailers
Lets add Popit to the list

Done :D

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:39 pm

karmiec wrote:If people to want to meet "in person" again to update etc I can offer my place again, for Wednesday? LMK if you are interested. We could go over the setup/retailers, marketing, and volunteers?

I can do Wednesday . . .

mermaid13
TNN nerd

Post by mermaid13 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:26 pm

karmiec wrote:If people to want to meet "in person" again to update etc I can offer my place again, for Wednesday? LMK if you are interested. We could go over the setup/retailers, marketing, and volunteers?
were you thinking this coming week??? or the week after???
Carla mama to luke 4 already

----------------------------------------- > my first time wrapping luke as a 2 year old

Mind is Powerful, Body is Strong, I am Mama

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:12 pm

re number of stalls for the venue - my DH has offered to visit the site, measure up and design a floor plan for us!

He has been exhibiting at various trade shows for 12 years and has a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Then we'll know exactly how many tables/stalls/whatever we have to offer and how to allocate pricing per stall as well.

LMK if you think this is a goer.

I've almost finished updating my list and hunting down contact details for possible stall holders. I've categorised retailers by type of nappies offered and have all brands listed per retailer, so we can try to get as many types and brands featured on the big day as possible.

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 am

Ethans Mum, if your DH could do the measuring it would be fab!

I can make it to a meeting this Wednesday morning or next Wednesday.

We've been a bit snowed under here with being sick, but things are getting back to normal now.
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Ethansmum:

We were allowed to arrange a viewing of the venue before we booked (which is what SB was doing) but since booking to get "offical" access we would have to pay to go through the booking officer who goes to the maintance people etce etc... even to find out things like if they have a change table (other than by looking in the bathroom at the viewing) would cost us $70 for them to send someone out :roll:

There is the possibility of another user granting us access to quickly measure while they do their own thing? Even if that can't be arranged do you think he could have a look at the plans on the website and give us a rough idea?

BTW: I'm happy for either this week or next, this week would be good in terms of talking about the contact to retailers and # of stalls so we can answer retailers questions.
Lisa

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm

karmiec wrote:Hi Ethansmum:

We were allowed to arrange a viewing of the venue before we booked (which is what SB was doing) but since booking to get "offical" access we would have to pay to go through the booking officer who goes to the maintance people etce etc... even to find out things like if they have a change table (other than by looking in the bathroom at the viewing) would cost us $70 for them to send someone out :roll:

There is the possibility of another user granting us access to quickly measure while they do their own thing? Even if that can't be arranged do you think he could have a look at the plans on the website and give us a rough idea?

:shock: $70 bucks just to go in & measure up!!!! :shock: :shock:

Oh bummer. We've had a look at the plans on the website but without knowing the dimensions it's hard to say what we can fit in there.

Would the booking officer be able to provide exact dimensions of the stage area, the length of each wall and the width of the whole room?

I've just told my DH and he says that's really slack on the part of venue management. "You don't take a booking and then make the hirees pay to get in :evil: :evil: :x . . . " he just said.

Hopefully they'll be able to provide us with dimensions. Otherwise DH has offered to give them a call and see if he can use his persuasive charm to get in :wink: :lol:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:42 am

I know I was a bit surprised when I made the inital enquiry about change tables and was told if I wanted them to check it would cost us - I mean seriously shouldn't they have details of their facilities??? Although TBH I can see where they are coming from with offering a viewing before hiring they shouldn't have to keep opening up for you...

Once I've got the bond sorted I'll make contact with the guy again, the last time I heard from him was the day I said I'd get back to him but he called first thing sounding peeved early in the morning so i think he was caught bending the rules for us and was getting worried we were wasting time IYKWIM.
Lisa

nova
TNN oracle

Post by nova » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 am

:shock: all he's have to do is have a notebook where he writes down any queries, then just checks them out next time he has to open up anyway! hardly rocket science :roll: and yes, they should totally have all that sort of info anyway!

(maybe i'm harsh having worked in theatre venues, cos we had to be able to provide pretty much every teensy tiny detail at a moments notice..)
:star:

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Okey Dokey, CC has sent a cheque for the hall hire and bond so we will get the stallholders to deposit into the TNN account (YAY!!). I've got the contract signed and am posting that in too. So we HAVE hired a venue :D

At this stage getting a discount for hall hire is off the books because they need to be audited in order to do the application... which is time and money and no guarntees... So I would say we will need to charge on the higher side (ie: $25 or a little more depending on how pricing for posters and signs comes back).
Lisa

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm

OK, I have acquired a plan of the hall and done some rough measurements. We can get in 20 stalls maybe 21 stalls, inside comfortably. So thats two stalls on each wall and none up against the stage or the door, and 8 around the centre. There would be room for a play space, but I can't think of a logical place for breast feeding.

I don't have a scanner, so tomorrow when the light is better I'll see how a photo comes out.

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:35 pm

sb wrote:OK, I have acquired a plan of the hall and done some rough measurements. We can get in 20 stalls maybe 21 stalls, inside comfortably. So thats two stalls on each wall and none up against the stage or the door, and 8 around the centre. There would be room for a play space, but I can't think of a logical place for breast feeding.

I don't have a scanner, so tomorrow when the light is better I'll see how a photo comes out.

Oooh good work Shyrel!! (My DH was gonna call this weekend to discuss possible times to get in there, but I'll tell him it's all sorted :wink: )

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:51 pm

sb wrote: . . . but I can't think of a logical place for breast feeding.

Would there be room outside the kitchen - maybe between the wheelchair access and the wall - would that be a big enough area to screen off with a few chairs in there?

Just had a thought for the play area - I could ask DH if his company would sponsor a LCD TV and DVD player for kids DVD's - as long as the noise wouldn't annoy people? Wouldn't need to be that loud . . .

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:08 am

Plan-acino at my place on Wednesday then? DS need to be put down at about 2 or 2:30 so I would prefer for the place to be quiet then... hes too easily distracted ATM. Either late-morning or late afternoon?

If you could bring out the plans (or post a pic if you can't make it) that would be great... And I'll make it my deadline for the first draft of places to advertise / send PR to.

Could someone please fwd me the email about printing costs? It didn't come through... maybe try my karmiec@yahoo.com I've send emails to a couple of places local to me about photocopying (colour, B&W and single-colour batches) to see what kind of packages they can do)
Lisa

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Here is the plan for the hall, I started marking up tables in black and then discovered I had a red pen!

The table numbers have circles around them, and the numbers with 'm' after them are the wall measurements. I have assumed 1.8m trestle tables.
'trance' is where I cut off the 'En' from entrance!

Hope you can make it all out ok.

I'm tentative for Wednesday. I think James is awake so, I I'll have to email the quotes to the copy place tomorrow.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”