Auckland City

karmiec
TNN oracle

Auckland City

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Ok we have interest from the Central Leader for some stories. What can we do??? (ok what we help you do, since I live on the Shore?). Preferably something before RNW and something durring.

A couple of big nappacinos? Maybe somewhere public like one of hte child-friendly cafes or playgrounds?
A talk, seminar or demo?

Does anyone have any ideas they want to pitch to the council for hirekits, nappy subsidies, education schemes etc?

ALSO a few cloth mums to tell their experiences with MCN? Maybe someone who reluctantly tried cloth and was converted??

Please even if you have reservations about doing public things can you put up some ideas or think about attending something just for numbers?
Lisa

PukekoPossum
TNN nerd

Post by PukekoPossum » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 pm

We could have a picnic, maybe at The Domain, and go for as many cloth botttooms as possible (like a record, lol) with spot prizes and maybe a sausage sizzle?

We could have a couple of areas where people could learn about different aspects and just generally have a fun day out.

xxx Lou
Mwah!!

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:28 am

Bump bump bump..
Domain sounds good, or maybe Mission bay? (seems the right place for people on a mission

surely someone lives in the area????
Lisa

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:32 am

the domain would be good as it's easily accessible by bus. Not sure about mission bay I'm guessing it would be 2 buses at least for most people - the domain has the band rotunda too which would be nice if it is a bit damp.

You could get nice pics in front of the museum with all the cloth bottys :D

Since I can't make it to the RNW expo I'd love to come to a big Nappiccino.
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

flea
TNN guru

Post by flea » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:33 am

just adding - Mission bay does have a playground though :D
My Blog with Pettiskirt and Tutu Tutes
www.lostinstash.blogspot.com

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:16 am

I think the domain would be great for all the mums who dont drive as its not so far to travel, im really bummed that i cant help at the expo but with two kidlets and no one to look afterthem it makes it quite hard :(
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

Faraway
TNN nerd

Post by Faraway » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:27 pm

That sounds like fun - and I'm pretty sure the expo is during the school holidays YAY!!!!! :D
Kathryn
Mum to Master K 4/07 and Miss A 2/09

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Bump!

Great suggestions and I'm going to look into a couple of things like cafe's etc for rain plans.

BUT I'd love to get some articles in the press before RNW... Are there any Auckland cloth mummies who would do a story? I'm sure they could accomodate not having a photo of you in the paper if you didn't want to be... kids cloth bums and washing lines are cute too!
Lisa

EmsGran
TNN addict

Here's a though....

Post by EmsGran » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:08 am

but first, I must say, what a wonderful Nappy week Expo at Ellerslie yesterday!
Back to the thought. All of you at the Expo may have noted that there were lots of big tums. Why not contact a few of the Mums (and Dads) and see if they are willing to have a write up. Get them to share their experiences and feeling at the time of visiting the Expo, and then the preparations and choices they make for the baby - and why (they may have even stuck with disposables) and then something like a diary for maybe a month or two (would actually need some one to phone or visit and take notes - as really who has time to keep a diary with a new baby around), collect info for a month or so, or even up to Expo next year. If any of you are good with a pen, you could do lets say a monthly article for your local papers...Notes from the Whosit and Whatsit family - Living with my Nappy choices....What it now means....The affect my choices have made to my life, my baby, my family. Add info about impact on the environment, their purse, baby health...
With such wonderful talents there must be someone amongst you that could follow this through. You may not get short term results, but long term, it would be wonderful and just think of the ongoing exposure!
Probably a good idea for all regions really....Hmm - I may just contact my local papers.....
Gail - Mum to 5 - Gran to 10 :)http://www.babycuddles.co.nz
babycuddles@vodafone.co.nz

EmsGran
TNN addict

Phots of the Auckland Expo....

Post by EmsGran » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Check it out - Photo now up....Expo - Big thanks!!
8-)
Gail - Mum to 5 - Gran to 10 :)http://www.babycuddles.co.nz
babycuddles@vodafone.co.nz

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”