RNW 08 - Wellington - 21-28 April

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Will have a think about it :-k
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am

Righto Wellingtonians! Bit of a go-slow here!

I know I've been a bit slack this year, but I know for a fact that last year was actually quite a bit of organising (as I was useless at delegating) so I have stepped back because of the whole work thing.

I have lots of pamphlets and static display print outs from last year.

And while I think it is a great idea to have RNW events in Petone - unless anyone from that side of town is going to step up and organise something then I think it is fair to say that it can be held anywhere.

So anyone got any ideas for venues?

If no one does, then I might start looking around.

As I said earlier (I think I did anyway!!) I am happy to help out if there is an event in the weekend, but I can't do it during the day.

Maybe we could have a night time nappiccino this time? I think that'd be cool... coffee, tea and cake. Bring kids or ditch them with dads/grandparents/other babysitters.

There were heaps of people interested in the soakers last time - maybe we could have a soaker/longie-accino? Where we teach people how to knit soakers and/or longies and hand out copies of free patterns?

Orrrrr... what else?

I do think it would be cool if we could organise something where there was a demonstration of how to sew your own? Maybe that could be teamed with the knitting thing and we could have some sort of nappy workshop. I recall someone holding one out at Porirua (or somewhere out there) at one stage - I have fabric I can donate.

Rach - I don't think we mind if it's held at a WAHM's place. Do we? So do you think we could organise a nappiccino for yours? What suburb are you in?

Right. Plannning meeting this Friday with knitting involved. Anyone in? My place???
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Lets hope this time it works Nikki, I tried a shake up to no avail..... :wink:

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:03 pm

Yeah well, mine was meant to be a follow on from yours - adding ideas to those you had already put down.

Seems like there is even less enthusiasm than last year!!

I didn't want to do another raffle as last year there was so much generosity from TNN WAHMs and hardly any interest in buying tickets. :?

And I felt bad because poor Meredith from Baby Harmony donated two naps (as I told her I wanted to have two prizes for the raffle) and there only ended up being one. (Not particularly well organised on my part :oops:)

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:06 pm

We only have limited time so yeah a raffle can be a no go this year.

A night nappicino could be a good idea, but pregnant woman may be tired if they are working fulltime, a day time one may seem more informal.... would to me but I am a scardy cat in situation where I don't know anybody :oops:

I guess what we need to do is confirm a venue and then get the posters/flyers out.... yeah?

Are they generic posters Nikki where we can right in the venue or do they need to be printed?

:)
Last edited by Wisegirl on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:07 pm

Oh I see you said pamphlets and static display.... whoops. How do we go about getting posters out to the public? Is there a template or something or a disc from last year from which we can print?

Wicked Knits
Yarn Pirate

Post by Wicked Knits » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 pm

I am in no position to help organise anything (I'm absolutely useless at it, and I don't have transport) but would be keen on going to anything around Lower Hutt/Petone... if it's major maybe I could get a ride into Wellington, but that depends.
Alia
Alexander - 3, and Sebastian - 6.
My Ravelry Account :Knitting:

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Wisegirl wrote:Oh I see you said pamphlets and static display.... whoops. How do we go about getting posters out to the public? Is there a template or something or a disc from last year from which we can print?

I've got some files from last year but Kelley basically put in the details (as it was all a bit fancy for me!! hehe) and then I paid for the printing.

I can do black and white her at work... shhhhh...

So if we get a date organised then I can send it off to Kelley and circulate out an invite.

I say we do both 8-)

If Rach is still keen then we can have a public nappiccino at hers... and then maybe a night nappiccino/knittaccino at a cafe/pub?

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:52 pm

I'm sure we could still do Petone events... maybe the nappiccino during the day could be at a cafe round there? The one at the Dowse or wholly bagel or something?

Or can someone else suggest a kiddo friendly cafe which wouldn't mind us holding something there?

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:58 pm

I dont' have transport either and I'll be back at work then. Also it's Aidens birthday on the Monday so things will be a bit hectic. I'm still keen to help if I can. I know the Kelson Community Centre is cheap to hire out but it's probably quite out of the way for a lot of people. I'd be happy to help people out who wanted to learn to sew but I'm not sure how they are set up there for power points etc for a whole lot of sewing machines. I'd also have to take Aiden any day I wasn't working during the week but could probably ditch him for some 'Daddy time' at the weekend :)
Wholly bagel is quite big and open and has a wee kiddies play area which is quite good, it's not huge but it pens them in :lol:
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:13 pm

I think a public place for a nappicino is better, I know as a pregnant woman I would be reluctant to turn up at someones hosue that I didn't know, invited or not.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Chantz
TNN convert

Post by Chantz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:11 pm

Hello ladies,
Im so glad I found this I would be very happy to assist in any way, Im available most days & nights as i am a SAHM.

Rach: I dont mind having the nappicino at your place if we dont find another place in a hurry.

snugglebumz
TNN nerd

Post by snugglebumz » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:51 pm

I think there is a comunity hall in naenae which i may be able to fidn out the costs etc associated with if that would help
Ruth, mum to 4 beautiful children

my new blog http://mypreciousfamily.wordpress.com/
Charlotte at about 7 months old ----------------------->>>>>
creator and maker of snugglebumz nappies
velour towelling is avaliable, pm me if interested

Pookee
TNN guru

Post by Pookee » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:06 am

Sorry guys I've only just read this thread.

The first one was held at the Community Centre in Britannia Street in Petone - it was quite successful and we got lots of new faces. It cost about $30 to hire the room which was off the kitchen, and was a decent size for at table in the middle with the nappies on, plus a serve yourself tea and coffee area.

The venue is handy to Public transport and easy for both Welly and Hutt mums to get to, and there is a free carpark just across the road too.

I'll give them a call tomorrow if ya want and see if they have space available on one of the Saturday mornings (that does seem to be the best option at this stage.

For those who have said that they want to help, maybe we c oudl have a catch up one evening soon to discuss our "game plan". Am happy to offer my place.

ETA: Tweedle I didn't realise you were in Welly, for some reason I thought you were down South!
Last edited by Pookee on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mel

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:07 am

That would be good Ruth.

If it's a Monday I can bring the demo kit, otherwise someone can collect it from me.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2008”