I'm releasing my longies pattern to the wild...

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm

Here's my latest:
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

Julie
TNN newbie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks KB for the advice, I was a bit confused when I read the pattern! I am going to give them a go very soon, I have got some dpn's so I should be ok! I live in Christchurch, so If I get stuck I know that there are a lot of ChCh ladies who use this forum and also there is a stitch and bitch night that I am longing to get to! Think I will get started and see how I go....

Oh yeah, it is probably totally obvious, but how do you go about putting a profile picture up???????

kb

Post by kb » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Julie wrote:Thanks KB for the advice, I was a bit confused when I read the pattern! I am going to give them a go very soon, I have got some dpn's so I should be ok! I live in Christchurch, so If I get stuck I know that there are a lot of ChCh ladies who use this forum and also there is a stitch and bitch night that I am longing to get to! Think I will get started and see how I go....

Oh yeah, it is probably totally obvious, but how do you go about putting a profile picture up???????

http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/vi ... sc&start=0
That thread might help.
But otherwise you need an account with flickr.com or photobucket.com. Upload a picture there, then edit it to make it avatar size (no more than 100x200 I think), then cut and paste the picture link, come back to TNN, go to Profile, scroll to the bottom and paste the picture link into the avatar box :)

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:55 pm

JJJ wrote:
j-j wrote:While I'm here, are you able to update the lengths for rise/legs for the smaller sizes JJJ? I've gone and had a look through what people have done but there is quite a variety. For the smalls myself i think i did 16 cm rise, 16 cm legs, but having not got a model to try them on (and as they are a gift for someone else I'm not too sure if they are right)
What have others done?

Thanks!

oh yes, sorry! I did the same thing the other day, looked at what other people had done and yes it was confusing! I'll see if I can find my notes and add some sizes in. TBH for the legs I always just measured a pair of trousers... I might just have to raid my baby clothes stash for guidance :lol:

Kate E - opal is so scrummy! I have already added your sunset ones to my gallery :oops:

Thanks for doing that :)

Great!!

And, are there standard lengths for legs in different sizes? I don't have a newborn to measure against but always worry that my 'newborn' longies are ridiculously out of proportion in terms of waist/length/rise :)
Julia - Knitting nut and mum to 3 delicious children: DD - 9, DS#1 - 7 and DS#3 - 5

Knitting Pattern Designer of The Little Rascals, Poplar, Katniss, Primrose, Greyson patterns - available HERE

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:00 pm

VJ told me 4" plus cuff for NB and 5" plus cuff for smalls.
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:12 pm

This is one of my latest pairs :)

This is with a ribbed waistband and no short rows. Made with Patons smoothie :)
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10) Beans (05/19)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 pm

mandli wrote:VJ told me 4" plus cuff for NB and 5" plus cuff for smalls.

Great! Thanks!!

And gorgeous longies nznats - love the colour

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:01 pm

well done nznats! :D
annie,

mama of the feral five

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

I have to admit I've not been doing short rows either and love the elastic band. I've been doing the extra large with 19cm length legs plus the cuffs.
Yours look great Nat - I know I'm becoming a knitting geek when I think - ohh those are made in smoothy - then they are!!!!
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:07 pm

My XL's are 23 cms rise and 23 cm legs ;) and a good fit on my 18 month old (no turning up of cuffs or anything)

Here is a gift i made last month - a uni friend's partner has just had a baby - he was from the Hawkes Bay ;) They are a small
(yep...stripes again...i don't know if i could do them without stripes now...but weaving them in at the end is a bugger and must stop them from feeling as soft)

Kimber
TNN nerd

Post by Kimber » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 pm

Ooh I love stripes, specially blk and white stripes, but hate the end weaving :evil: I'm making mittens atm and the bit at the end does my head in :P
[img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8039/batg2.gif[/img] Kimber
[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/475786.png[/img] [img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/538947.png[/img]

JJJ
TNN nerd

Post by JJJ » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:12 pm

hey Julia - how many rows per colour did you do?
Mama to Elliott and Connor

j-j
TNN guru

Post by j-j » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 pm

These ones are 10 of each :)

sharry
TNN nerd

Post by sharry » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Cute pants everyone

love
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Sharryknits

Erica-Jane
TNN nerd

Post by Erica-Jane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 pm

bump
Could this please be made sticky. it's falling off the page :(

Return to “Yarns Crafts (knitting, crochet etc)”