Auckland Expo debrief

aidanasher
TNN nerd

Re: Excellent

Post by aidanasher » Thu May 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Noisybabe007 wrote:Just a question - who won the prize you entered for as you went in??

not sure sorry, but names were picked at the end of the day

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Thu May 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Oops, thanks for the reminder, I did mean to post the winners first names. :oops: I will hopefully do that tonight.

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 am

I have posted the winners on this thread http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/vi ... p?p=767418 as it's public, so then anyone can access it and see who the winners were.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Fri May 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Rebecca, the thank you email you sent out is great, and an excellent idea - thought I'll quote it here for future reference for the next RNW planning committee :wink:

Thank you for attending the Auckland Real Nappy Week Expo last Saturday. I hope you found the information you were looking for. Don’t forget that as a member of The Nappy Network forum you can ask any questions you have, and there are heaps of lovely parents already using cloth nappies who would be happy to help you. A reminder of how to access the forum: Visit www.thenappynetwork.org.nz and click on the link at the top of the page or down the left hand side.

The winner of the fantastic prize pack was drawn on Saturday afternoon and delivered to the winner by one of our volunteers. The lucky winner was Tomoki K all the way from Japan. There were also 3 other 'runner up' prizes drawn. The winners were Anne S of Mt Eden, Sarah M of Western Springs, and Sally-Ann R of Glen Eden. Congratulations to all our winners!

I also wanted to remind you of the retailers that were present at the Expo in case you’d like to check out their products online.

They were:

Pepsicles: Honeychild nappies and accessories, and with a Honeychild hirekit available. www.pepsicles.co.nz
Baby Harmony: Baby Harmony Pocket Nappies, inserts, wet bags, laundry bags, wipes & liners. www.babyharmony.co.nz
Itti Bitti: Itti Bitti D’Lish All-in-ones + Snap-in-ones, and Baby Legs baby leg warmers. www.mothersinstinct.co.nz
Popit: Popit Pocket Nappies, wipes and wipe bags, Bambino Mio flushable liners. www.popit.co.nz
Aquabub: Baby Greens Diaper Co. fitted nappies & doublers, Nappy Spritzer & Gentle Diaper Wash. Little Beetle Organic Cotton Velour fitted nappies and doublers, Organic Merino wool covers, raw silk liners. Bubba J Fitted nappies – hemp and bamboo options. Bummis Super Whisper Wraps and Super Brite Wraps. www.aquabub.co.nz
Organic Island Baby: Disana Flat tie nappies, organic brushed cotton fitted nappies, eco merino wool over pants, organic brushed cotton liners, organic cotton muslins, and flushable liners. Organic Island Baby NZ made Lanolin soap & spray. www.organicislandbaby.co.nz or visit them in person at Devonport Wharf, Tuesday to Sunday 10.30-5.
Waitakere City Council Cloth Nappy Education Centre: Hirekit for Waitakere residents containing Honeychild, Snazzipants, Tots Bots, Karma Kidz and Designer Bums. wwwwaitakere.govt.nz/abtcit/ec/ecoinit/clothnappy.asp or visit them in person at 601 Te Atatu Road, Te Atatu Peninsula, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday 9.00am to midday.
EZPZ Baby: EZPZ Pocket nappies and inserts, and DIY kits. www.ezpzbaby.co.nz

If you would not like to be informed of future events run by The Nappy Network, please send me a return email requesting this. (Please note that if you ticked the box not to receive further communication from The Nappy Network that this has been already noted and this will be the last communication you receive from us.)

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Sat May 09, 2009 12:12 pm

and another update.

Fundraised from the knitting raffles:
Raffle 1 - longies/shorties donated by kb = $18
Raffle 2 - wool and soaker/longies pattern donated by kb = $88
Raffle 3 - longies donated by jubint = $16

Grand total of $122 fundraised.

rebeccal
TNN nerd

Post by rebeccal » Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 pm

There was also a slightly different version of the email for those who had said they weren't already part of the TNN forum. Just a different first paragraph:

Thank you for attending the Auckland Real Nappy Week Expo last Saturday. I hope you found the information you were looking for. If you still have any questions about modern cloth nappies, a fantastic place to look is www.thenappynetwork.org.nz. There is great information about the various systems and how to make your own nappies. And if you have any questions at all, I highly recommend taking a look through the forum (click on the link at the top of the page or down the left hand side). There are heaps of lovely parents already using cloth nappies who would be happy to help you.

Return to “Archived - Real Nappy Week 2009”